Google Hangouts is a unified communication service which allows the user to start and join in a text, voice or video chats, either one-on-one or in a group. You can access this service directly from the Gmail, and downloading the Hangouts app Android and iOS devices. It is a useful service for enterprise customers. Like standard phone calls, Hangouts supports conference calls to communicate with two or more persons simultaneously. If you’re a new user to Hangouts, here is the step by step guide to making a group or conference call on Google Hangouts.
How to Make Conference Audio/Video Call on Hangouts?
It is very easy to make conference calls on Hangouts.
(1) Launch the Hangouts app and navigate to the contact who you want to call.
(2) Open the contact and hit either video icon or audio call.
(3) Once the call was accepted by the receiver, tap the three-dot icon on the right corner.
(4) Select Invite.
(5) Now, you will have two options to add new members to the conference.
- Add People – invite the people who’re already in your contact
- Share Link – invite new people by sending the link through third-party apps
(6) Choose your method and add new people to your conference.
Did you Know? You can share screen on Hangouts when you are in a Conference Call.
Alternative Way – Make Conference Call on Hangouts by creating a group
By creating a group on Hangouts, all the members in the group will be invited simultaneously to join the conference video or audio call.
Using Android and iOS:
- Open the Hangouts app and click the “+” Add icon on the bottom right corner.
- Tap New Conversation.
- Click New Group and then enter a name for your group.
- add members to your group.
- After creating the group, you can make conference calls by simply tapping the video icon for Video calls and call icon for Audio call. You can find the icon next to your group name.
Using Web browser on PC:
- Open Chrome browser and visit hangouts.google.com. You can also launch hangouts from your Gmail account.
- Tap + New Conversation.
- Select New Group.
- Enter a name for your group and add people by entering their Gmail ID or phone number.
- After creating the group, tap the video icon to make group video calls.
Note: While using the web version, you can’t make conference audio calls. However, you can attend the incoming conference audio calls.
Now, you will know the ways to make conference calls on Google Hangouts. Make use of the comments section to post the queries related to this guide. Follow our Facebook and Twitter for more updates and tutorials.