- Roku: Press Home (on remote) → Search → Search NBC Sports → Add Channel → Go to Channel → Activate → Stream.
Golf Channel is one of the popular sports channels on the NBC network. If you are a Golf lover, you can watch Golf Channel for live scores, news, original shows, and podcasts of your favorite player. Moreover, you can keep track of and watch popular tournaments like The Masters, The President Cup, etc. If you have a streaming device like Roku, you must install the NBC Sports app from the Roku Channel Store to stream the Golf Channel.
How to Install and Activate NBC Sports App on Roku
1. First, connect your Roku to the WiFi network.
2. Press Home on your Roku remote to get the home screen.
3. Go down the menus using the D-pads (Directional buttons) and select Search.
4. Enter the app name NBC Sports using the on-screen keyboard and select the app from the search results.
5. Select Add Channel to install.
6. Once installed, select Go to Channel to launch the app.
7. You can see the activation code on the screen and make a note of it.
8. Open your default browser on your smartphone or computer and visit the activation page – https://www.nbcsports.com/activate.
9. Select your device from the drop-down.
10. Enter the activation code and tap Continue.
11. Sign in to your NBC Sports account using your cable TV provider credentials.
12. Once done, the screen will be refreshed, and the channel will be activated.
Alternative Method to Stream Golf Channel on Roku
You can even mirror the Golf Channel app from your smartphone on Roku without installing the app. Before mirroring, ensure that your smartphone and the Roku device are connected to the same WiFi network.
Cast From Android
To cast the content, enable screen mirroring on your Roku device.
1. Install the Golf Channel app on your smartphone.
2. Once installed, sign in with your cable TV provider and stream the content.
3. Swipe down the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
4. Choose your Roku device name from the available devices.
5. Once connected, you can see the content streaming on your Roku device.
Screen Mirroring from iPhone
To screen mirror from your iPhone, enable AirPlay on your Roku device.
1. Get the Golf Channel app on the App Store from your iPhone.
2. Sign in and start playing the video on the app.
3. Pull down the Control Centre and tap Screen Mirroring.
4. From the list of nearby devices, choose your Roku device.
5. Once paired, the content will be displayed on Roku.
How to Get Golf Channel on Roku Without Cable
If you don’t have a cable TV subscription, you can use streaming services to stream the Golf Channels on Roku. However, you must have subscribed to the streaming platforms to watch the content.
Sling TV is a popular streaming service that streams many sports channels, including the Golf Channel. By subscribing to Sling TV, you can also get popular channels, such as Hallmark, Comedy Central, Bravo, AMC, Cartoon Network, Food Network, BET, and more.
Pricing: Orange – $40/mon, Blue – $40/mon, Orange + Blue – $50/mon.
Free Trial: No
Cloud DVR Support: Yes (Limited).
Installation Guide: Sling TV on Roku
Another possible way to stream Golf Channel is YouTube TV. It allows you to stream 3 devices simultaneously and get upto 6 accounts for your family. With the subscription, you can stream other popular leagues, such as NFL, NBA, etc.
Free Trial: 14 Days
Cloud DVR Support: Yes (Unlimited).
Installation Guide: YouTube TV on Roku
Hulu is one of the best services to stream Golf Channel. With the Hulu service, you can access many channels like Paramount Network, CNN, ABC, CBS, TEN Network, Animal Planet, ESPN, and more. It allows you to stream 2 devices simultaneously, and you can record the content to stream later.
Pricing: With ads – $7.99/mon, Without ads – $14.99/mon
Free Trial: 30 Days
Cloud DVR Support: Yes (Unlimited).
Installation Guide: Hulu on Roku
FuboTV allows you to stream many channels, including Golf Channel. With fuboTV, you can stream your favorite popular shows, news, sports, movies, and more. By subscribing to fuboTV, you can use stream the content on fuboTV upto 10 devices simultaneously.
Pricing: Pro – $69.99/mon, Elite – $79.99/mon, Ultimate- $99.99/mon.
Free Trial: 7 Days
Cloud DVR Support: Yes (Limited)
Installation Guide: FuboTV on Roku
You can also subscribe to the DirecTV Stream to stream Golf Channel. It gives access to many popular channels and is compatible with many devices. With DirecTV Stream, you can stream 3 devices simultaneously and can add additional channels as an add-on.
Pricing: Entertainment – $69.99/mon, Ultimate – $104.99/mon, Premier- $149.99/mon
Free Trial: 5 Days
Cloud DVR Support: Yes (Unlimited)
Installation Guide: DirecTV Stream on Roku
Frequently Asked Questions
Unfortunately, Golf Channel doesn’t have a native app for Roku. You must install the NBC Sports app or streaming platform apps to stream Golf Channel. However, you must have subscribed to either of the services to stream the content.