- You can cancel the DirecTV Stream subscription within 14 days to get a refund.
- Website: Go to the DirecTV Stream website → Click the Accounts button → Choose Manage My Subscription option → Tap the Cancel My Subscription button → Talk with the support to confirm the cancellation.
The best thing about live TV providers is that you can cancel the subscription anytime you want without any additional charges. If you are fed up with the DirecTV Stream subscription, you can cancel it and get a refund (if eligible). DirecTV Stream subscribers can cancel their subscriptions through the website. You can’t cancel the subscription using the application.
How to Cancel DirecTV Stream Subscription Using Website
You can cancel your DirecTV free trial or subscription on any device which has internet access. You can’t cancel the subscription using the app.
#1. Visit the DirecTV Stream official website. Sign in with your subscribed account if asked.
#2. Click on the Account Overview from the Profile drop-down menu.
#3. Select the Manage My Subscription button below the My TV Subscription.
#4. Click the Cancel My Subscription button on the next screen.
#5. Now, a new page will be shown with the benefits of staying. Select the Chat to Cancel button to talk to customer service.
#6. Talk with the customer representative and confirm your cancellation.
#7. Then, click Got it to confirm your cancellation.
#8. Now, make a call to DirecTV customer support at 1-800-531-5000. The service is available on Monday to Friday between 8 AM and 12 AM ET.
#9. Talk to the customer service representative and request to cancel your subscription.
#10. Provide your information, including account details, name, and address.
#11. Once you complete the process, you will receive an email from DirecTV Stream confirming your cancellation.
DirecTV Stream Cancellation Policy
DirecTV follows a strict cancellation policy. We have mentioned the important headlines here. You can also read out the full cancellation policy here.
- For free trials, you need to cancel the subscription before 30 days. If not, you will be charged for the subscription.
- If you cancel the subscription before 14 days from the date of purchase, you will get a full refund. If you do it after 14 days, you can’t get a refund. Your subscription will be canceled at the last date of the billing cycle.
- If you bought the DirecTV Stream along with the box, you are subjected to a two-year contract. If you cancel the subscription before the contract, you will be charged an early termination fee. You need to pay a minimum of $15 per month until the contract ends.
DirecTV Stream Alternatives
Successfully canceled the DirecTV subscription? Check out the below DirecTV Stream alternatives.
- Sling TV
- Hulu + Live TV
Sling TV is an ad-based live TV platform. It offers three plans. Sling Orange, Sling Blue, and Sling Blue + Orange cost $40 per month, $45 per month, and $55 per month, respectively. With Sling TV, you can get a maximum of 50+ live TV channels.
Hulu + Live TV
Hulu + Live TV offers both on-demand and live TV content. It costs $69.99 per month. The subscription includes Disney+ and ESPN+ subscriptions. If you want, you can get a 30-day free trial on Hulu to test the services.
fuboTV is one of the best live TV providers for sports content. Most of the channels available on the fuboTV are sports channels. It costs $74.99 per month with 150+ channels, $84.99 per month with 210+ channels, and $94.99 per month with 220+ channels.
As of now, you can’t switch plans on DirecTV. The existing plan must be completed to change the plan.