Social media platforms are an integral part of your modern life. We keep on posting about ourselves on WhatsApp, Facebook, or Instagram. But what we ignore is our privacy. When using social media platforms, you need to know what are details and information are available in public and what are in private. You can change privacy settings on Instagram to protect your personal data from being violated to sort this out.
How to Change Privacy Settings on Instagram?
Here are the four different ways to change privacy settings on Instagram:
- Private Account
- Activity Status
- Hide Stories
- Search History
How to Change Your Account to Private on Instagram?
Making your Instagram account a private account is the best way to protect your data. Only your followers and followers approved by you can see your posts and stories.
(1) Open the Instagram app and click the Profile icon on the bottom right corner.
(2) On your profile, click the three-lined icon.
(3) Now, tap on the Settings option.
(4) Click the Privacy option on the Settings screen.
(5) Under Connections, click the Account Privacy option.
(6) On the next screen, turn on the Private Account toggle.
(7) On the confirmation pop-up, click the OK button.
How to Change Activity Status on Instagram?
Activity Status will tell your followers that you are active now or active 5 hours ago. If you want to hide it, you can turn it off.
(1) Go to Settings and tap on the Privacy option.
(2) Click the Activity Status option.
(3) Turn off the Show Activity Status toggle.
Change Privacy Settings on Instagram: Hide Stories
If you want to hide your stories from a specific follower, follow the below steps.
(1) On the Privacy page, click the Story option.
(2) Tap the Hide Story From option and choose the Instagram account that you want to hide your story.
(3) In the same way, you can block comments, tags, and mentions. Just tap on the respective options on the Privacy page.
Change Privacy Settings on Instagram: Search History
Like web browsers, you can delete your search history on the Instagram app too. To do so,
(1) On the Settings page, click the Security option.
(2) Select the Search History option.
(3) On the next screen, click the Clear All button.
These are the privacy settings on Instagram that you can change to protect your private data. Disable the settings that you don’t need and enable the settings you need. For instance, for your business page, you need to turn on activity status. Use the Privacy Settings on Instagram wisely.