Using social media platforms is one of the sensitive things to do. You need to be more aware of your posts and tweets. You need to know how much of your personal data is used and what are the data are hidden. To customize your personal data, Twitter has its own Privacy Settings. You can change privacy settings on Twitter to your preferences to control your social data.
Like all the other social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram, Twitter has full-featured privacy settings. You can change them in any way you want. You can choose a private or public profile, turn on/off personalized recommendations, and so on.
How to Change Privacy Settings on Twitter?
(1) Open the Twitter app on your smartphone.
(2) Click the three-lined icon on the top left corner of the screen.
(3) Tap on the Settings and privacy option.
(4) Now, click the Privacy and safety feature.
(5) Turn on the Protect your Tweets toggle. This will allow only your current followers to view your tweet. If someone wants to follow you, you will receive an approval request. Upon accepting, he\she can follow you.
(6) Click Photo tagging. Three options will appear. We recommend to set it on Only people you follow can tag you. If you want, you can turn it off.
(7) Click the Direct Messages option. Turn on Receive message requests toggle. This will send you a message request every time when someone texts you. Upon accepting the request, you can reply to them.
(8) Scroll down a bit and tap on the Discoverability and contacts. Turn off the email address option and phone number option for better privacy. This will hide your Twitter profile from your mail contacts and phone contacts.
(9) In the Safety option, you can turn on/off sensitive contents, add or remove blocked & muted profiles, and add or remove muted words.
(10) Now, tap on Precise Location. Turn off the Precise location toggle. This will stop ads and recommendations based on your GPS location.
(11) Then the last one, Personalisation and data feature. This will show ads, recommendations, common profiles, contents that are related to your Twitter activity. Turn off the toggle on the top to stop all the recommendations.
These are the privacy settings on Twitter that you can change according to your preferences. Enable the necessary features and disable all the unwanted settings to make your Twitter profile clean. If you have any other queries in the Twitter app, tell us in the comments section.