Chromecast is a casting device to play any content on your TV through a Wi-Fi network. This device helps you to stream the apps and movies that are not accessible on the Smart TV. You can cast anything you want, and all you need is to connect the casting device and Chromecast to the same Wi-Fi network. In this tutorial, we guide you to Chromecast Google Play Movies on your TV.
Google Play Movies is a built-in app on Android devices and can be installed manually on other devices. It also has a built-in Chromecast feature to cast movies and shows on your TV. Google Play Movies has a huge collection of free, paid movies that you can rent or purchase.
There are no subscription packs. But, you can buy or rent a movie for a limited time or a lifetime and watch it on any device by simply logging into your Google account.
Note – Google Play Movies app name was renamed as Google TV in some countries.
How to Chromecast Google Play Movies
In order to Chromecast Google Play Movies, follow any one of the below methods to start casting your movies or shows.
- Using Android device or iPhone
- Using Chrome browser
Steps to Chromecast Google Play Movies Using Android or iPhone
1. Google Play Movies comes pre-installed on all Android devices. On iPhone, you can install it from the Apple Store.
2. Make sure that your Chromecast and Android device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
3. Open the Google Play Movies app and select a movie or TV show to stream.
4. In the player window, click the Cast icon.
5. Select the Chromecast device you want cast and tap the play button.
6. Wait for few seconds and your movies will stream on the Chromecast connected TV.
Steps to Chromecast Google Play Movies Through PC
1. Download and install the latest version of Chrome Browser on your PC and connect it to the same Wi-Fi network to which the Chromecast device is connected.
2. Open the browser and go to play.google.com/movies.
3. Search and select the movie you want to stream.
4. Now, click the three dot icon in the upper right corner and click the Cast option.
5. Select the Chromecast device in the list of available devices.
7. The movie will start casting on to the TV where Chromecast device is connected.
It is easy that the process of casting Google Play Movies on Chromecast takes only a minute or two. Make sure that all your devices are on the same Wi-Fi network. If you face any other issues, then feel free to share them in the below comment section.