Hotstar is one of the most famous Indian streaming apps available in India, the USA, Canada, the UK, Singapore, and Indonesia. The content varies from country to country but all the Star network contents are available in these countries. Like other streaming apps, you can install Hotstar on various streaming devices like Firestick, Roku, Smart TVs, and other Android boxes. If you are a Chromecast user, then you can cast Hotstar contents to your Chromecast-connected TV.
Chromecast is the easiest way to stream our favorite videos as well as movies from the supported applications. In addition to this, you can now stream live sports content on your TV using Hotstar via Chromecast.
How to cast Hotstar contents using Chromecast?
There are two different ways to Chromecast Hotstar contents to your TV.
- Using Android/iOS devices
- Using Chrome browser on PC
How to cast Hotstar using Android or iOS?
1. Open the Hotstar app on your Android/iPhone. If you do not own the application, You can download it from the App Store and Play Store.
2. Log in to your Hotstar account.
3. Make sure your devices (Smartphone and Chromecast) are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
4. Tap on the ‘Cast’ appearing on the top right corner.
3. A list of available devices will appear on your screen. Choose the device you wish to cast the content.
4. Now, play the content that you wish to stream and enjoy the perks of Hotstar on your device.
Note: The cast icon will appear only when both devices are connected to the same WiFi network. If you don’t see the cast icon, then check the internet connectivity and restart your devices.
How to Chromecast Hotstar using Chrome Browser on Windows or Mac?
Before proceeding, connect your PC and Chromecast to the same WiFi network. The Chromecast device will get detected only when the devices are connected to the same WiFi.
1. Open Chrome Browser on your Windows or Mac.
2. Go to Hotstar website and then sign in using your login credentials.
3. Choose any contents that you wish to stream. Now, right-click anywhere on your screen and select the ‘Cast’ option.
4. A list of devices will appear on your screen. Select your Chromecast device to cast the Hotstar tab.
5. The video you selected will play on your Chromecast connected TV.
Related: How to Chromecast Disney Plus?
The above are the different methods to cast Hotstar using Chromecast to your TV or big screen. With Hotstar, you can watch all your favorite Star Network shows. There are plenty of movies and on-demand content on Hotstar to stream as well.