Deleting or uninstalling apps on the iPad is one of the most important things. Rarely used or never used apps are a burden to your iPad’s storage and you need to get rid of it. iPads are best suited for stationary purposes and can be an alternative to your PC or laptops. If you are using your iPad for some specific purposes, you can delete apps on iPad that ate not suited for your purpose.
How to Delete (Uninstall) Apps on iPad?
There are three ways to delete apps on the iPad. All three ways are applicable to iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, and other versions of the iPad. Before getting into the uninstall steps, make sure that your iPad is updated to the recent iOS version.
- Using the Home screen
- Using Settings
- From the App Store
Note: Deleting apps on the iPad is similar to how we delete apps on the iPhone.
Method 1: How to Delete Apps on iPad using the Home screen
(1) Tap and hold the app that you want to uninstall from your iPad.
(2) A small pop-up will appear. Click the Delete App option.
(3) On the confirmation pop-up, click the Delete button. This will delete or remove the app from your iPad.
If you hold the app long enough, all the app will start to jiggle. Now, press the Cross icon to delete the app.
Method 2: How to Uninstall Apps on iPad using Settings
(1) Open the Settings app on your iPad.
(2) Choose iPad Storage under the General option.
(3) All the installed app will appear. Choose the app you want to delete.
(4) On the next screen, click the Delete App button.
(5) A confirmation pop-up will appear. Click the Delete App button to remove the app from your iPad.
Method 3: How to Remove Apps from iPad using the App Store
In this method, you can delete only the recently updated and pending updates app. Not all the apps will be displayed here.
(1) Open the App Store on your iPad.
(2) Click the Profile icon on the top-right corner of the screen.
(3) Scroll down, some apps will be displayed. Swipe left the app that you want to uninstall.
(4) Now, tap on the Delete portion. A pop-up will appear, click the Delete button to remove the app from your iPad.
Note: If you want to delete all installed apps, then you can reset the iPad to completely erase all data.
These are the ways that you can uninstall or remove apps from your iPad. One of the highlighting thing in uninstalling the apps from the iPad is that it will allow you to uninstall built-in apps. If you know any other way to uninstall apps from the iPad, tell that in the comments section.