- Mobile: Profile → Menu → Settings & Privacy → Manage Account → Delete Account → Send Code → Verify code → Continue → Delete.
- Desktop: Log in → Profile → Settings → Delete → Continue → Verify code → Delete Account → Delete.
TikTok is one of the best apps for users to create short videos. Compared to Instagram Reels, TikTok offers more features, such as stitching videos, auto-generate captions, filters, and more. Though TikTok has multiple features over other platforms, users still delete their accounts when they aren’t satisfied with the platform or have privacy concerns. If you want to delete your account, you can delete it anytime, and your account will be completely removed from the TikTok within 30 days from the deletion request. Moreover, you can also retrieve your TikTok account within 30 days of the request.
How to Delete TikTok Account on Mobile App
1. Launch the TikTok app on your smartphone [Android & iPhone].
2. Tap the Profile icon at the bottom right.
3. Next, tap Menu (Hamburger icon) and hit Settings & Privacy.
4. Scroll down until you see Manage Account and tap on it.
5. Under Manage Account, tap Delete Account.
6. Now, tap Send Code to complete the verification.
7. Enter the 4-digit code you have received in the text field and tap Continue.
8. Finally, tap Delete Account or Delete to remove your account permanently.
Note: Once you are done with the above process, your account will be permanently get deleted after 30 days.
Tip! You can delete your TikTok collections permanently from your mobile, if you don’t like hold the collections.
How to Delete TikTok Account on Desktop
1. Launch your preferred browser and visit the TikTok website.
2. Log in to your account using the credentials.
3. Click the Profile icon (top-right) and hit Settings.
4. Click Manage account. Under Account Control, click Delete.
5. Next, click Continue to confirm the deletion.
6. Enter the verification code you received via SMS and click Delete Account.
7. Finally, confirm and click Delete account.
Tip! Delete the drafts on your TikTok account anytime to free the storage space on your smartphone.
How to Delete TikTok Account Without a Password or Phone Number
Unfortunately, TikTok doesn’t allows users to delete their accounts without using a password or phone number. Therefore, you must need your Phone number or Password for verification purpose to close your TikTok account. However, once you delete your account, your account details and info, such as email ID, phone number, etc., will be permanently deleted.
Note: Uninstalling your TikTok app doesn’t close your account. The app will be deleted from your smartphone, but the account will still be active.
How to Delete TikTok Ads Manager Account
You can delete your TikTok Ads Manager account if you no longer need it. Moreover, the remaining balance in your ads account will be refund (within 60 days) once you close your account.
1. Open the browser and log in to your TikTok Ads Manager account.
2. Click the Profile icon and choose Account Info.
3. Under Account, click Advanced Settings → Close Account and Refund.
4. Click Confirm in the pop-up displayed.
Note: If your TikTok Ads Manager account is suspended, you can’t be able to delete your account. Therefore, you must contact the support, request for appeal, and proceed with the deletion.