Incognito Mode is a feature in the Google Chrome browser. It is used for browsing privately in your browser. They prevent your browsing from saving the history, cache, and cookies in the browser. This will keep all your browsing data from private but not anonymous. It protects only from local snooping who tries to hack into your browser history. But Google can keep track of all your browsing data even in Incognito mode. If you don’t want to use incognito mode, then you can disable incognito mode on the Android Chrome browser with the below options.
Need to Disable Incognito Mode
Nowadays many students and kids are using mobile phones and computers for various purposes. Parents can’t be able to monitor them always while they are using their mobile phones and computer. You can check their activities periodically even then if they browse through incognito mode we can’t keep track of it. There comes the need for disabling incognito mode in their child browser.
Disable Incognito Mode on Android Chrome browser
There is no way to disable Incognito mode in Google Chrome. It was a built-in feature of the application. But also there are some ways by which we can prevent from using it.
- Disable Incognito Mode by using Google Family link
- Disable Incognito mode using Third-party application
Techowns Tip: How to clear cache on Chrome browser?
Disable Incognito Mode on Android by using Google Family Link
Google family link is one of the best parental control apps for Android devices.
(1) Download Google family link for parents app in your Android device.
(2) Open account for each member of your family and link into it.
(3) If a child linked under the parent through family link it will automatically disable the incognito mode and all their activities can be monitored.
Note: This Google Family app alone disables incognito mode in chrome and no other application is available officially to disable it.
Disable Incognito mode using Third-party application
Incoquito is an application used to disable incognito mode in the browser through some simple steps.
(1) Open Incoquito app in your Android device.
(2) Once the application is opened, it will ask you permission for accessing notification and allow it.
(3) Enable Incoquito by clicking on the toggle button in the right corner of the application.
(4) Then click on the mode option.
(5) A pop-up menu with three option will appear
- Automatically close tabs
- Prevent tabs from opening
- Monitor incognito use
(6) Select “Prevent tabs from opening” which is already selected by default to prevent incognito tab.
(7) Also, you can hide the Incoquito application so that it is not evident that it has been installed. Once hidden, Incoquito is only able to be launched from the dialer by entering a secret code or via the webpage.
Note: Incoquito is a paid application that costs $1.99.
These are some of the simple ways to disable the incognito tab in chrome android. Lets us know if we missed something in the comment section below.