Canva has recently provided an update to the application by including three themed options: dark, light, and sync with the system. So the Canva users can either choose the dark mode option or choose the sync with the system option, so it adapts to the system settings by default. The mobile and desktop devices have a built-in dark mode option in the display setting where the users will be able to make the changes to the complete look and feel display screen.
Quick Guide: Open the Canva app → go to Settings → select the Theme option → choose the Dark theme.
How to Enable Dark Mode Directly on Canva
1. Open the Canva application on a mobile or desktop device.
2. Click on the “Settings” option available in the right corner near the profile icon.
3. Scroll down to the “Theme” option from the menu, and the users will have an option like “Sync with System, Dark, and Light” mode.
4. The users can directly choose the dark mode or preferably the sync with system option if they keep toggling between themes.
Methods to Enable Canva Dark Mode Using Device’s Default Settings
The users can enable the dark mode in two possible methods, either by using the default setting on the devices or by enabling the built-in dark mode setting on Canva.
On Android Devices
1. Navigate to the “Settings” icon available by default on the home screen.
2. Scroll down to the “Display” option and click on it.
3. Now, go to the “Dark Mode” option and enable the dark theme.
4. Once it’s enabled, the dark theme will be applied through the device, including the Canva mobile app.
On iOS Devices
1. Go to the “Settings” icon on the home screen.
2. The user can scroll down to the “Display & Brightness” option.
3. Now, the user can select the “Dark” option to enable the dark mode on any iOS device.
4. By doing this theme, all the applications, including Canva, will automatically change to dark mode.
On Windows Devices
1. Search for the “Settings” option on the search bar tool available in the “Start” menu.
2. Go to the “Personalization” option available on the screen.
3. Now, click on the “Colors” option from which the users can choose the dark mode from the available themes.
On Mac Devices
1. Choose the “Apple Menu” and navigate to the “System Preference” option.
2. Now, click on the “General” option from the menu.
3. Here, the user will be able to pick the dark more from the list of themes available.
If none of the above methods works for the user, they can simply download any open source extensions like “Turn of the Lights.” It will help them to change the theme of the browser. This would be a simple process where the user can turn on & off the dark mode in seconds by clicking on the grey bulb icon available on the web browser.
Not interested in using the Canva premium subscription anymore? Visit our dedicated guide to cancel the Canva subscription.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the users can utilize the “Turn off the lights” extension to enable dark mode on browsers.
Recently, Canva has provided an update in which the users have the option to personalize the theme based on their preference.