Matrix Laboratory, commonly known as MATLAB, was one of the oldest programming languages launched in the late 1970s by MathWorks. It is primarily developed for numeric calculations, and Simulink adds graphical manipulation & model-based designs. The user interface is minimal and also has a light background. Nowadays, most people work at night hours, and MATLAB doesn’t offer dark mode to their software by default which might irritate the user’s eyes.
But, don’t worry. We will guide you to turn on the dark theme in MATLAB without using any third-party tools. This method is a manual process, and you can follow the below step-by-step guide to change the UI of MATLAB into dark mode.
Here are some of the features of MATLAB:
- Multi-platform option to export the project to C, C++, Java, Python, and more.
- Faster data processing to solve algebra, Fourier equations, and similar questions within a few minutes.
- Import Java, ActiveX, or .NET written languages into MATLAB with a single click.
- API functionality to directly interact MATLAB with other languages.
- Built-in graphics handler to run the software smoothly on all computers.
How to Enable Dark Mode on MATLAB Online
1. Go to the MATLAB Online website on your PC.
2. Sign in with your MATLAB account if asked.
3. On the MATLAB screen, click the Preferences icon in the Home tab.
4. Go to MATLAB and click the Appearance option.
5. Now, on the left, you will get the Theme menu.
6. Click the Theme drop-down button and choose the Dark theme.
7. You will get the preview. Click Apply to make the changes and tap the OK button.
8. After this, the MATLAB tab on your Windows or Mac PC will appear in the dark mode.
How to Enable Dark Mode on MATLAB Application
The MATLAB application is not user-friendly. The app is yet to have its dedicated dark mode. But, by changing the display settings, you can get the dark mode.
1. Open the MATLAB software on your computer.
2. By default, you will get the light mode in the coding terminal.
3. Go to the Home tab and select Preferences in the top menu.
4. In the left menu, click the Colors section.
5. In the right pane, uncheck the “Use system colors” check box.
5. Now, change the colors as per your needs.
6. We highly recommend you change the text color to white and the background color to black to obtain complete dark mode.
7. Click Programming tools in the left menu.
8. Change the Highlight section’s color to black or dark grey.
9. Now, you can experience the complete night mode in MATLAB.
Techowns Tip – Steps to enable dark mode on the Wikipedia app
Note: You can make it darker by adjusting all the colors in the Colors and Programming tools section, but be sure that all the colors are set to be black and white. Otherwise, you might not find the difference between warnings and other alerts.
These are the possible methods to turn on night mode in MATLAB. The technical team is updating the software regularly, and they also receive more users’ requests to bring dark themes so that we might expect the default dark mode in future updates.
Yes and no. The MATLAB web version has its own dark mode. But the MATLAB application doesn’t have the dark mode.
Yes, you can turn on the dark mode on MATLAB in two ways.