ACMarket is the best alternative to the official Android app store, packed with unofficial Android apps, games, and more. The good news is, you don’t need to root your Android device to use it, and you can find all the details below.
How to Install ACMarket:
This isn’t hard to do; follow the steps below:
- Open your browser and download the ACMarket APK file directly to your device
- Find and tap the file to install it and tap OK on the Security alert
- The Chrome browser will ask you to go to your Settings app; do so and tap on Security
- Enable Allow From This Source – if you fail to do this, you won’t be able to install and use ACMarket
- Wait; when ACMarket has successfully installed, you will see the app icon on your home screen, and the app store is ready for you to use.
How to Use ACMarket:
As you can see, its easy enough to download ACMarket; using it is just as simple:
- Once you have downloaded ACMarket, following the above steps, the icon will be on your home screen
- Tap that icon to open the app store
- The ACMarket home screen will open, showing you three categories – Apps, Tweaks, and Mods
- Tap on the Apps category to find thousands of Android apps
- Tap on the Mods category to find loads of modified Android files that don’t make it into the store, all offering more features and functionality than their stock counterparts
- Tap on the Tweaks category to find some tweaks that offer new functionality for your device and improve your user experience
- At the top of the home screen is also a search bar – this helps you find specific apps or games easily
- Lastly, the Profile section gives you a series of customizations to help you optimize ACMarket to your requirements.
- When you find an app or game that you want, simply tap it, tap on Download and let it install to your device. Then you can use it as you would any other app.
Frequently Asked Questions:
These answer some of the more common questions about ACMarket and provide you with all the information you need about the app store:
What is ACMarket?
ACMarket is the number one alternative Android app store, offering apps and games that you cannot get on the official store. This is mostly because of policy and geo-restrictions because Google makes it quite difficult sometimes for developers to submit their apps, and stores like ACMarket make it easy. Plus, unlike the official store, you don’t need your Google ID.
Is it Safe to Use?
Yes, ACMarket is completely safe. As well as building in security measures to the app store, the developers keep an eye on the store and update it to fix any issues that need fixing. However, as a safeguard, you should consider using reputable anti-virus software on your Android device, and you must install any updates on the developers’ issue. You can always delete it if you are at all unhappy with the store.
I Heard It Was Nothing But a Virus – Is That True?
No. ACMarket is not a virus, nor does it contain any viruses or anything else that can harm your device. Millions of people use it daily without any issues at all, and all apps are tested for safety before being allowed into the store.
How Does it Work?
When you install the APK file onto your device, you get access to categorized unofficial apps and tweaks. Simply choose what you want to install and tap on Download. You will find a few ads, but these are there as a way for the developer to make money, ensuring you get to use the store for free.
Will It Work on PC?
Yes, by using an Android emulator, you can install the APK file onto your Windows PC or Mac computer.
What is the Parse Error? Why Do I Get it?
This error happens when you are trying to download ACMarket or when you start to use it. There are a number of reasons why it may happen, but the most likely ones are that the APK file is not compatible with your device, the file was corrupted, your device security settings may be stopping the app, or you may not have downloaded the file properly. Always make sure you install ACMarket from the official link, check the app requirements first, and make sure you allow unknown sources on your device.
ACMarket is undoubtedly the best alternative to the Android app store and offers tons of cool content for you to download and use. Its free, and you don’t need to root your device first.