All the Apple devices will function with the unique Apple ID. You can use your Apple ID on all the Apple devices like iPhone, Apple Watch, MacBook, and iPad. But what if you want to resell or give away Apple devices? You need to remove all your data on the device. In the case of Apple Watch, you need to remove the Apple ID from the Apple Watch.
As the device is not independent, you can’t directly remove the ID. You need to use your iPhone or your iCloud account. To remove your Apple ID from the Apple Watch, you just have to unpair the Apple Watch from your iPhone.
How to Remove Apple ID from the Apple Watch?
(1) Make sure that your Apple Watch and iPhone are paired with each other.
(2) Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
(3) Go to My Watch tab and tap on your name at the top.
(4) On the next screen, click the Info button next to the name.
(5) Now, click on the Unpair Apple Watch option.
Note: For Cellular Apple Watches, tap Remove [Carrier] Plan.
(6) It will ask for your Apple ID password. Enter the password to confirm.
(7) Your Apple ID will be removed from the Apple Watch.
By unpairing iPhone and Apple Watch, your Apple ID will be removed from your watch.
If you want to remove the Apple ID remotely, you can use this method.
(1) Go to iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID.
(2) Select the Find My iPhone option.
(3) Now, on the top, click the All Devices drop-down option and choose your Apple Watch.
(4) Click on the Erase button on the pop-up.
(5) In the confirmation, click the Erase button.
Note: The Fine My feature is only available on the watchOS 2 and above models.
These are the two ways to remove your Apple ID from the Apple Watch. Remove the Apple ID only when it is necessary. If you have any issues with the Apple Watch, tell us in the comments below.