Nowadays we are using too many applications and services on our devices. So, it is very hard to remember the passwords that we used on all apps/services. In that case, if you have the forgot the password for your Snapchat account, we will show you the step by step procedure to reset it. Snapchat is a popular communication used to share images, videos, text, and drawings with your friends and family members.
If you want to change the password for security settings, Snapchat offers built-in options to change it. At the same time, there is no way to reset your password without using your mobile number or Email ID.
How to Reset your Snapchat Password via Website?
Using web browser is the easiest method reset your Snapchat password.
(1) Open a web browser and visit this Snapchat link.
(2) Select Forgot Password.
(3) Select how you want to reset your password: via the phone number or email address.
(4) Here, we have selected the phone number. Enter the mobile number associated with your Snapchat account. Tap Continue.
(5) Enter the verification code sent to your number and click Verify.
(6) Enter the new strong password and select Save.
Did You Know? You can change Snapchat Username before creating your account.
How to Reset your Snapchat Password via App?
Instead of using the website, you can also reset the password directly from the Snapchat app.
(1) Enter the email associated with your Snapchat account and tap Forgot Password.
(2) Select either Via Phone or Via Email. Here, we have selected Via Email.
(3) You will be re-directed to the Snapchat website. Enter the email again and click Submit.
(4) You will receive an link to reset your password.
(5) Open your Email and click the link that you received.
(6) Enter the new password and click Save.
If you have selected Phone number on Step 2:
- Enter the phone number associate with your account.
- Select Continue.
- Select Send via SMS.
- Enter the code that you received.
- Enter the new password and select Continue.
The above are the two different way to reset the password on your Snapchat account. If you had any issues while resetting it, mention it in the comments section. We will help you to sort it out. You can also post your queries on our social profiles: Facebook and Twitter.