Ever since WhatsApp became the primary tool for communications, all the chats and messages are important. Everyone should know how to backup chats on WhatsApp, and how to retrieve deleted WhatsApp messages. Sometimes, we mistakenly delete important messages. But thanks to the Restore Chat on WhatsApp feature. You can restore all your deleted WhatsApp chat without any headache.
Note: In WhatsApp, you can backup all the chats, images, and videos on a specified interval, so that you can retrieve them whenever you want. If you didn’t choose to backup your chat, there is no way that you can restore your deleted WhatsApp messages.
How to Backup Chats on WhatsApp?
Before getting into the restoring process, let us take a look at how to backup chats on WhatsApp so that you can’t lose any important messages.
(1) Open the WhatsApp app on your Android or iOS smartphone.
(2) Click the three-dotted icon on the top right corner. In iOS, click the Setting icon on the bottom right corner.
(3) Choose the Settings option.
(4) On the Settings menu, tap on the Chats option.
(5) Now, scroll down a bit and click on the Chat backup. In iOS, the Chat Backup will appear on the Settings menu itself.
(6) Click the Back up to Google Drive option and choose the desired option. We recommend you to choose Daily or Weekly so that most of the messages will be backed up before the deletion.
(7) Choose the Gmail account that you want to backup your WhatsApp chat. In iOS, the chats will be stored on your iCloud account automatically.
After this, you can restore the deleted messages using the backup stored in your mail account.
How to Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Messages?
If you didn’t choose to backup your WhatsApp chats, you can restore it using the below method. For the future needs, turn on the Chat backup feature.
Now, if you have opted for Chat backup on WhatsApp, use the below steps to retrieve it.
(1) The first thing you need to do is to uninstall the WhatsApp application on your smartphone and Install it again on the Play Store or App Store.
(2) Open the WhatsApp again and go through the on-screen activation process.
(3) Click the Continue button while asking for backup and tap Allow to give necessary permission.
(4) Click the Restore button to get back all your WhatsApp messages.
(5) The restoring will start. When the restore is completed, click the Next button and finish the on-screen process.
Now, all your deleted messages will appear on your WhatsApp.
Note: You can retrieve the deleted messages only when it is backed up already. If you have not opted in for Whatsapp backup, then it is impossible to retrieve chats.
This is the only way that you can restore your deleted WhatsApp messages. By backing up your WhatsApp chat, you can retrieve the WhatsApp messages on any smartphone providing that you are using the same WhatsApp number and same mail ID. If you have any doubts, tell us in the comments section.