Wikipedia is an open-source website that contains most of the information we search for online. Wikipedia is an encyclopedia that contains plenty of data that can be added or modified by anyone. It is entirely a free site without any advertisement. You can search for any celebrity info or history or other details on the Wikipedia website. Among the plenty of features available, Dark mode is one important feature. Wikipedia is available as a website and also as an Android & iOS app. You can turn on dark mode on Wikipedia app as it is one of the inbuilt features. You can also turn on dark mode on the website as well.
How to Turn on Wikipedia Dark Mode on Android Devices?
Wikipedia app is officially available on Google Play Store on Android. You can enable the dark mode within the app.
(1) Launch the Google Play Store and search for Wikipedia app.
(2) Install and open the Wikipedia app.
(3) Tap the three-line icon in the top left corner of the app screen.
(4) Now select Settings option.
(5) Under settings, tap on the App theme option.
(6) Next screen appears with 4 options: LIGHT, SEPIA, DARK and BLACK.
(7) You have to choose either the Dark or Black option. It will turn your app background to dark.
Additionally, here you can adjust your font size to get a comfortable reading experience.
How to Turn on Wikipedia Dark Mode on iOS Devices
Wikipedia app is also available on App Store as well. Similar to Android, you can also turn on dark mode within the app.
(1) Open the App Store on iPhone or iPad.
(2) Navigate to search field and type Wikipedia.
(3) Now, click the Get button to install the app on your iPhone.
(4) Launch the Wikipedia app and tap the settings icon.
(5) Select Reading preferences option.
(6) Under this, there are Four reading themes option: Default, Sepia, Dark and Black.
(7) Tap Dark or Black option and your app background turns to dark.
That’s it, the Wikipedia Dark Mode is enabled on iPhone or iPad.
How to Enable Dark Mode on the Wikipedia Website
If you want to access the Wikipedia website in night mode, then you have to install the Night Eye extension.
(1) Open any web browser and visit nighteye.app/how-to-start/.
(2) Then select your browser and install the Night Eye extension.
(3) Once the Night Eye is installed on your web browser, it will turn your entire browser background to dark mode.
(4) Now open Wikipedia website and it appears in the dark theme as well.
Apart from Night Eye, the Wikipedia night mode extension is available on Chrome store. Install and launch the Wikipedia night mode extension on Chrome browser to enable dark mode on Wikipedia Website. If you want to change the web background, click the extension icon to turn off dark mode.
By following the above methods, you can enable dark mode on your Wiki website. The dark mode protects your eyes from the bright light and saves battery life as well.