Any apps we use on the smartphone brings new features as updates every now and then. WhatsApp needs no special introduction as it is the choice of several millions of users across the world. It lets them chat over text, voice, and video calls with anyone with an internet connection. Additionally, it supports sharing location, contacts, emoji, stickers, and files. Not all of these features were available when WhatsApp was launched. Like any other apps, WhatsApp is no exception in the list when it comes to getting updates. Users will get new updates every now and updating it is mandatory if you are concerned about accessing the latest features. Also, the other advantage of WhatsApp update is it fix the issues and bugs. The article deals about how to update WhatsApp on different platforms.
How to Update WhatsApp ?
WhatsApp is a multi-platform social chat app. So, the below section covers the procedure to update this app.
Note: WhatsApp web version gets updated automatically and needs no manual update.
How to Update WhatsApp on Android Smartphones and Tablets?
If you are using WhatsApp on Android device, then follow the steps to upgrade it to the latest version.
(1) Open Google Play Store on your Android phone.
(2) On the search bar, type in as WhatsApp. Select it from the suggestions.
(3) Click on the Update button to get the latest version on Android.
Alternative: Google Play Store > Three Horizontal lines> My Apps & Games > Update tab > scroll down to the app and click on the Update button.
Note: As Whatsapp web version is available on browser, it always shows the updated version.
How to Update WhatsApp on iOS (iPhone/iPad)?
To access the latest version of WhatsApp on iPhone and iPad, you can follow the procedure given below.
(1) On your iPhone/iPad, click on App Store icon to launch it.
(2) Press the profile icon shown on the upper-light corner.
(3) Scroll down the section below to check for the Available Updates section.
(4) Check for the app and click on the Update option to get the latest version on iOS.
Tip: You can update Whatsapp for PC using the Microsoft Store on Windows laptop and desktop.
Steps to Update WhatsApp on KaiOS
Those using WhatsApp on Jio phone can upgrade it to the latest version by following the steps given below.
(1) Open JioStore or Store from the apps menu.
(2) Scroll to choose Social.
(3) Click WhatsApp and press OK/Select option.
(4) Finally, press Update to access the latest features of this app.
That’s all about updating WhatsApp on different platforms.