One of the missing features in Linux is the standard Windows PC applications like Mail, OneDrive as they don’t come preinstalled. In every Windows PC, all the Microsft applications will be pre-installed. When you make a switch from Windows to Linux, you need to install a lot of applications manually. If you want to use OneDrive on Linux, you need to do some workarounds.
As OneDrive offers 5GB of free cloud storage to every user, it is one of the must-have apps. With the 5GB storage, you can free up your disk space and save files on your cloud.
OneDrive for Linux
As of now, the OneDrive application is not available for any Linux distribution. But you can use Insync third party tool on Linux to access the OneDrive. Like Insync, a lot of tools available like Onedrived or Rclone. In this article, we will guide you to install Insync on Linux as it is the easiest tool.
How to Instal Insync on Linux
When Insync is launched for the first time, it doesn’t have the support for OneDrive. You can sync only Google Drive. But, the Insycn version 3 came out with OneDrive support. Let see how to do it.
After the 15-day free trial, you need to pay a subscription to access InSync. The subscription starts at $29.99 per user.
(1) At first, go to the Insync website on your Linux PC.
(2) Click the Linux icon to get the Linux version of the application.
(3) Now, click the Download for Linux button. Choose your Linux distribution and the version.
(4) After that, click the Download button to download the application on your Linux PC.
(5) Once the file is downloaded, install the Insync on your Linux PC using any package installer.
(6) Launch the application and you will get a screen similar to the one mentioned below.
(7) Choose the OneDrive option and login with your Microsoft account.
(8) Select a base folder where you want to save and sync your OneDrive files.
(9) In the latest version, you can choose the folders that you want to sync rather than syncing the whole account.
That’s it, you have synced your OneDrive account on your Linux. If you want to access your OneDrive account for free, you can use the OneDrive website.
This is how you get your OneDrive account on your Linux. After this, access your OneDrive account straight from your Linux and sync all your cloud files with ease. If you have any doubts about Linux or its distribution, tell us in the comments section.