Are you trying to find a Mailchimp substitute? A popular email marketing tool, Mailchimp, was once the industry standard.
However, many users are looking to leave Mailchimp owing to the most recent price adjustments and ongoing deterioration in service quality.
The good news is that there are several excellent email marketing providers available that provide greater features, services, and costs that are more reasonable for businesses.
Prepared to begin?
First things first — let’s recollect what MailChimp is and what makes it such an important email marketing solution.
In 2001, Mailchimp was established. The biggest market share among email marketing systems was soon attained by Mailchimp, which was known for its well-liked marketing campaigns in the middle of the 2010s and its generous free tier for new users.
The personal and corporate financial mega-corporation Intuit acquired Mailchimp in 2021 for about $12 billion, highlighting the value Mailchimp offers to its users and the enormous amount of small business data Mailchimp provides to Intuit.
Some people believe Mailchimp has become too generic and caters to far too many people. Others are uneasy about the new ownership and would rather use a different service provider. There are also users who believe that Mailchim’s pricing model is inconvenient, especially for startups and small businesses with limited budgets.
For this reason below, we’ll take a look at top Mailchimp alternatives with a free plan.
HubSpot is an all-in-one CRM platform bundled with essential marketing tools, which include a landing page builder, forms creator, and an email marketing solution. It integrates with a powerful CRM system for personalized offers and supports A/B testing and drip email campaigns. Live chat support is available 24/7.
- Email Builder (In Freemium Plan)
- Email Templates (In Freemium Plan)
- List Segmentation (In Freemium Plan)
- Personalization (Subject lines, content, links, attachments, and calls-to-action).
- Email Analytics (Premium)
- A/B Testing (Professional Plan)
- Marketing Automation Workflows (Professional Plan)
- Email Comparison Reporting (Professional Plan)
Pricing: $18/month (if billed annually) allowing for up to 1,000 subscribers.
HubSpot’s free plan offers 2,000 monthly emails and limitless subscribers, including 25 static lists and 5 smart lists creation.
Selzy is a user-friendly, email marketing-focused tool that offers flexible email design options. With a range of blocks, including countdown timers and image carousels, you can create sophisticated email campaigns.
Compared to Mailchimp, Selzy provides more block customization options and supports mobile-responsive designs.
- Standard email marketing features: automation, segmentation, personalization, and A/B testing
- Helpful tools like “Recommendations” to improve newsletter quality and “Marketing checkup” for campaign analysis
- Unlimited subscriber lists (contrasting with Mailchimp’s limits)
- Detailed reports with insights into monthly openings and device analysis
- Efficient list management and activity-based list cleaning
- 24/7 live chat and email support
- A generous free-forever plan with a 15,000 monthly email limit, surpassing Mailchimp’s 1,000 emails per month
Pricing: $7/month (billed yearly) for 1,000 subscribers.
For a detailed comparison, also read this Selzy vs. Mailchimp guide.
MailPoet is the best choice if you’re looking for an email marketing solution that integrates with your WordPress installation.
MailPoet is a real candidate for your email marketing attention because it is reasonably priced and as powerful as you would anticipate your WordPress site to be. You can create stunning emails, manage your lists, and implement segmentation all from within your WordPress installation using MailPoet.
- SMTP mail service as an option, or from your server at the creator level
- When new blog posts are published, send emails
- 50+ premade template
- Integration with WooCommerce
- Ability to create emails with dynamic content
- MailPoet campaign types in the WP dashboard that comply with GDPR
Pricing: Plans begin at no cost for 1,000 contacts, while paid plans begin at $10 per month.
Sender is an SMS and email marketing solution providing various services, including timed and exit-intent popups, custom design templates, smart segmentation, automation email templates, and many other essential features.
- Custom email templates with a drag-and-drop email builder
- Easy personalization and smart segmentation
- Hassle-free email and SMS automation
- High-conversion forms and pop-ups
- Integrations with various content management systems (CMS), including WooCommerce and Shopify
Pricing: starting at $8 monthly for 30,000 emails and 2,500 subscribers in the most basic package. A free plan also allows up to 2,500 subscribers and 15,000 emails.
Instead of only offering email and autoresponder software, Moosend positions itself as an all-in-one marketing platform. With a landing page builder, e-commerce connectors, and marketing automation workflows, it is in many ways.
- Email Creator
- Email models
- Building landing pages
- Behavioral Targeting and eCommerce Integration (WooCommerce)
- Personalization and segmentation
- Analytics for email
- Workflows for marketing automation
- Recommendations Based on the Weather
Pricing: For 1000+ members, the monthly plan, which starts at $8 (if paid annually), comes with all the features mentioned above as well as additional ones.
It’s significantly less expensive at higher subscriber points than Mailchimp’s most-budget plan, which limits some of the essential functionality.
There is also a free plan allowing 1000 subscribers. You can send an unlimited number of emails each month, have access to all the essential features, and Moosend won’t brand the emails you send.
Now, the choice is all yours. We’ve compared the top 5 cost-effective and feature-rich alternatives to Mailchimp — these were HubSpot, Selzy, MailPoet, Sender, and Moosend.
Dive deeper and explore their features, pricing plans, and comparison guides to come up with a sound decision.