Every smartphone user will have a pile of unwanted text messages from people around you. Sometimes, you need to block text messages from people whose message you don’t want to see. There are plenty of situations and reasons to block text messages from a specific person. You can easily block text messages from an annoying person on your Android phone. Blocking text messages is a simple process and you can do that in multiple ways. If you are wondering on how to block text messages on Android, then follow the below procedure to do it.
How to block text messages on the Messages app?
(1) Open the “Messages” app on your Android Smartphone.
(2) Tap the three-dotted icon on the top right corner of the screen.
(3) Click on Settings.
(4) Tap on Blocking Settings.
(5) Choose Blocked numbers under General Settings.
(6) Click the + icon on the top right corner of the screen.
(7) On the pop-up displayed, enter the phone number that you want to block messages from.
(8) After entering the phone number, click Block.
(9) If you want to remove the number from the blocked list, click the cross mark x on the right side of the number.
Techowns tip: How to Block Websites on Android?
In this method, you need to manually enter the phone number you need to block text messages. There is an easier way than this.
(1) On opening the app, the list of messages you received will be displayed.
(2) Click on a chat you want to block text messages.
(3) Tap the three-dotted icon on the top right corner of the chat screen.
(4) Choose Block number on the list of the option displayed. The number will be blocked.
(5) If you want to unblock the number, click the same icon and choose Unblock number.
Techowns tips: How to Block Calls on Android?
Block text messages on external apps
There are numerous apps available on the Google Play Store to block text messages. Apps like Handcent SMS and Private Space are some of the apps that can be used to block text messages. Using third-party apps to block text messages is not recommended as the app will have access to all of your text messages.
So the next time, when you want to block any text message from a person, do the above steps and put a full stop to all the frustration. The features and the options name mentioned above may change according to the smartphone manufacturer. But the overall the process and the steps are similar.