Google Maps is one of the most used navigation apps in the world. It is used in more than 220 countries. Google Maps is more sophisticated than you think. You can use the Street View to see the indoor imagery of any places. To avoid traffic and to save time, it will recommend the best route for your transportation. In the recent update, you can integrate the Google Play Music app and listen to music when you use Navigation mode. With all these features, one feature is still missing in the app. Google Maps Dark Mode is not yet available. But still, you can use Dark theme on Google maps while navigating.
Google Maps: Dark Mode
Google Maps is yet to release its Dark Mode. It is not available for beta users too. So, there is no way that you can use Dark Mode on the app. But you can enable Dark Mode for one of the features in the app.
How to Enable Dark Mode on Google Maps Navigation
(1) Open Google Maps on your smartphone.
(2) Tap on the Profile icon on the top right of the screen.
(3) On the Profile page, click on the Settings options.
(4) Scroll down to Navigation Settings on Android smartphones. In iOS, click the Navigation option under the Getting Around tab.
On Android Phones:
On iOS Devices:
(5) Scroll down to the Color Scheme, Select the Night option.
(6) After this, when you use Navigation, it will appear on the Dark Mode.
The steps are the same for both Android and iOS devices, except for Step 4.
Google Maps is available for more than 15 years, it is surprising to see that the Dark Mode is not rolled for its users. But nothing is permanent. Other Google apps like Chrome, Google Search, Play Store are having Dark Mode. So, it will be released for Google Maps too. Until then, we all need to wait.