Roku is one of the popular streaming devices with which you can install apps and channels from the Roku Channel Store. It is one of the most secure streaming devices in which you can install any apps that are not available on the Channel Store. If you want a good streaming app for your Roku, Xfinity Stream will be a better option for you. Xfinity Stream on Roku will give you access to more than 200+ live TV channels and on-demand movies & series.
To stream Xfinity Stream on your Streaming device, you need to do two essential things.
- Install Xfinity Stream on Roku
- Activate Xfinity Stream on Roku
The app can be installed on most of the Roku models like Roku TV, Streaming Stick, Streaming Stick+, Ultra, Premiere, and Premiere+.
Steps to Install Xfinity Stream on Roku Streaming device
(1) Turn on the Roku Streaming device and go to the Streaming Channels option.
(2) On Streaming Channels menu, click the Search Channels option.
(3) Using the on-screen keyboard, type Xfinity Stream. The suggested results will appear on the right side of the screen.
(4) Choose the Xfinity Stream app on the searched results.
(5) On the next screen, click the Add channel button.
(6) The Xfinity Stream Channel will begin to add. When the channel is added, you will get the confirmation pop-up. Click OK in the confirmation pop-up.
Steps to Activate Xfinity Stream on Roku
Now, you have downloaded the app on your Roku device. It is time to activate the app.
(1) Launch the Xfinity Stream app and click the Get Started button.
(2) You’ll get an activation code on the screen. Now, go to www.xfinity.com/authorize from your smartphone or PC.
(3) Enter the Activation code and click Continue.
(4) On the next screen, you’ll be asked to enter the username and password. Enter the details and click Sign In.
(5) You will get a Success screen on your smartphone or PC. Now, your Roku device will display the Terms and Conditions screen. Click Yes to continue.
(6) Enter the Name of the device on the next screen and click Continue.
Now, the app will be activated and you are ready to stream 200+ channels.
Xfinity Stream on Roku: Not Working
Since you are installing the Beta version of the app on your Roku device, you may face some errors and issues while using the app. Problems like can’t authorize the app, can’t log in, can’t stream movies or TV shows and many may come. If you encounter any of these problems, try the following hacks.
- Delete the Channel and re-install the channel.
- Sign out and sign back in of your Xfinity Stream or Roku account.
- Check your WiFi connection and ensure that it works properly.
- Ensure that the app is updated.
- Restart your Roku device.
Still couldn’t get Xfinity Stream working? Try the Comcast’s Roku like device called flex.
Install the Xfinity Stream app on your Roku device by using the above steps. If you have issues with the app, try the remedies mentioned above. Install and activate the app on your Roku and stream 200+ live channels on your TV. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more updates.