Crave TV is a Canadian streaming service that provides access to many TV channels. Recently, Crave TV has started supporting Chromecast. It is the country’s first VoD service to do. In this article, let us see how to cast the Crave app using smartphones and PC. For a better experience, make sure to use the latest version of Chrome browser and Chromecast device.
Crave streams content from STARZ, HBO, SHOWTIME, SUPER ECRAN, and more. As the Crave app is a Chromecast-compatible app, we can cast all the video content easily. There is an enormous number of movies and popular series available on Crave.
Ways to Chromecast Crave
There are two different ways to cast the Crave app to your TV.
- Using Smartphone (Android or iOS)
- Using PC
How to Chromecast Crave Using Smartphone
(1) Switch on the TV and connect the Chromecast device to the TV’s HDMI port. Choose proper input source to your TV.
(2) Make sure that the Chromecast device and your smartphone are connected to the same WiFi.
(4) Open the Crave app and provide your login credentials.
(5) Now, select the content you want to stream.
(6) Tap the Cast icon on the Crave app.
(7) Then, choose the Chromecast device from the list.
(4) The Crave content will start streaming on the Chromecast screen.
(9) To stop the casting, tap the Cast icon again on the Crave app and choose Disconnect.
How to Chromecast Crave Using Desktop
(1) Make sure that your Chrome device and your PC are connected to the same WiFi network
(2) Open the Chrome browser on your PC and visit the Crave website.
(3) Then, log in with your account details.
(4) Start streaming the content you want on the Crave website.
(5) Click the Chrome menu and choose the Cast option.
(6) Select the Chromecast device.
(7) The Crave video content will start playing on the TV through the Chromecast.
(8) To stop the casting from the Crave website, click the Cast icon on the Extension bar and tap on the Chromecast. You can also simply close the Chrome browser to stop the casting.
Solutions to Fix Crave TV Chromecast Issues
If you have any issues while casting the Crave app, follow the below solutions.
- Use the updated version of Chromecast firmware.
- Update the Crave app from the Play Store or App Store.
- While giving power connection to Chromecast, make sure to use the cables that come with the kit.
- As Crave streams the video content in 1080p quality, make sure that your internet speeds meet the requirements for casting through Chromecast,.
- Restart the Chromecast.
Thus by following the above steps, you can easily cast Crave video content to your TV. If you have any queries while casting the Crave app, let us know in the comments.