The long wait is over. Disney has launched its Disney Plus app officially for the Amazon Firestick devices like Fire TV Stick 4K, Fire TV 2nd Generation, Fire TV Stick Lite, and Fire TV Cube. The Disney Plus app is made available on the Amazon App Store. The dedicated Disney Plus app was launched on November 12, 2019. Disney Plus is a subscription-based streaming platform to watch your favorite movies and TV shows and allows you to stream four devices simultaneously. It has content for the kids too.
Disney Plus Subscription
Disney Plus has two subscription plans. It is available in the United States, New Zealand, Canada, Netherlands, Australia, and Puerto Rico.
- $7.99 per month
- $79.99 per year ($6.66 per month)
Disney Plus also has a free trial for seven days.
How to Install Disney Plus on Firestick
(1) Switch on your Firestick and click the Search icon on the Home screen. In the new version of Firestick, you have to click the Find menu to get the Search tile.
(2) Type Disney Plus and search for it.
(3) Select for the Disney Plus (Disney+) app.
(4) Click the Get icon on the next screen to install the app.
(5) When the download is completed, click the Open icon to launch the app.
(6) Sign in with your subscribed Disney+ account and stream video content from Disney, National Geographic, Marvel, Star Wars, and Pixar on your Firestick.
Alternate Way to Get Disney Plus on Firestick
Though the Disney+ app is available in many countries, it is not accessible worldwide. So, in some countries, you won’t get the Disney Plus app on the Amazon App Store. In that case, you need to use the Downloader app on Firestick to sideload the Disney+ app. To do so,
(1) Go to the Search option from the Find menu (For older models, from the Home screen.)
(2) Using the on-screen keyboard, type Downloader.
(3) Select the Downloader app.
(4) Tap the Get or Download option to install the Downloader app.
(5) Now, go to the Settings menu on your Firestick.
(6) Choose the My Fire TV option.
(7) Select the Developer Options.
(8) Tap the Install Unknown apps feature.
(9) Select the Downloader app and turn on the feature. For older Fire TV versions, click the Apps from Unknown Sources feature from the Developer Options and turn on the feature.
(10) Now, open the Downloader app.
(11) Go to the URL section and enter the Disney Plus apk for Firestick download link.
(12) Then, tap the Go button.
(13) The Disney Plus apk will download on your Fire TV Stick.
(14) Now, tap the Install button.
(15) On the next screen, tap the Open button to launch the Disney Plus app on Amazon Fire Stick.
(16) Sign in with your Disney+ account and stream all the video content.
Disney Plus Not Working on Firestick: Issues
The Disney Plus app is a relatively new app when compared to Netflix and Amazon Prime Video. The current version of the app is 2.8.0. So, the chances are higher that the app may not work properly on your Fire TV Stick or freezing issues. If you experience any issues with the app, follow the below solutions.
Fix 1: Uninstall the app and install it again.
Fix 2: Restart your Amazon Firestick.
Fix 3: Use only the cables that come with the kit. The unauthorized cable may affect the device’s connection.
Fix 4: Check your internet connection and download speed. If it is less than 5 Mbps, connect to a faster connection. The recommended internet speed for Disney+ is 5 Mbps for HD content and 25 Mbps for 4K UHD content.
Fix 5: Try restarting your WiFi router.
Fix 6: The app is available only in selected countries. If you try to open the app in other countries, you may have location-based errors. In this case, you can use a VPN on Firestick.
Fix 7: Make sure that your Disney Plus subscription account is used only on four devices.
Fix 8: Update the Firestick device to its latest version.
Fix 9: If none of the fixes are working, reset your Fire TV Stick and try accessing the Disney+ app.
These are the possible fixes for your problems. Install the Disney Plus app on your Firestick and get to stream all the movies and series. The app has over 100 movies and series in 4K UHD format. You can also download content for offline viewing.
Yes, except for the 1st Fire TV Stick, Disney+ is available for all Amazon Fire Stick devices.
You can install the Disney+ app on Firestick from the Amazon App Store.