- How to Install HBO Max on Hisense Smart TV
- How to Activate HBO Max
- How to Cast / AirPlay HBO Max to Hisense Smart TV
- How to Fix HBO Max Not Working on Hisense Smart TV
- You can install the HBO Max app directly on your Hisense Smart TV (Android, Google, Fire, and Roku OS)
- The HBO Max app is preinstalled on XClass TV.
- Unfortunately, you will not get the HBO Max app on Vidaa TV.
HBO Max is one of the most widely used streaming platforms in the United States. It offers family-friendly content at affordable subscription plans. You can install HBO Max directly from the respective app store if you have purchased a new Hisense Smart TV. After the installation, you need to activate the HBO Max app.
How to Install HBO Max on Hisense Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV comes with different OS like Android, Google, Roku, Fire, Vidaa, and XClass. Therefore, the steps to install the app on Hisense Smart TV vary with the OS. Also, note that you can’t install the HBO Max app on Hisense Vidaa TV, as it is unavailable as a standalone app.
HBO Max on Hisense Android TV
1. Turn on your Hisense Smart TV and connect it to a WiFi network.
2. On the Home screen, select Apps → Google Play Store from the list.
3. In the search bar, type HBO Max and look for the app.
4. Select the HBO Max app from the search results and Install it.
5. Once installed, go to the Home page → Apps, and you can see the HBO Max app on the list of downloaded apps.
6. Launch the app, activate and start streaming your favorite content.
HBO Max on Hisense Google TV
1. Turn on your Hisense Google TV and navigate to Apps using the directional pads on the remote.
2. Next, select the Search icon and type HBO Max in the search box.
3. Select the app from the search results.
4. Now, select Install near the logo of the app.
5. The app will take a few seconds to install on your TV. After installing, it will be added to the Apps list.
HBO Max on Hisense Roku TV
1. Turn on your Hisense Roku TV and go to the Home screen.
2. Select Streaming Channels from the list of options.
3. On the search bar, type HBO Max and search the app.
4. Select the app, and choose Add channel to install the app on your Hisense Roku TV.
HBO Max on Hisense Fire TV
.: Turn on your Hisense Fire TV and select Find → Search on the screen.
2. In the search bar, type HBO Max and select the app name from the search results.
3. Now, select Get below the app to download.
4. Once the download gets completed, select Install.
The app will be installed on your smart TV, and you can find the app in the Apps & Channels section.
HBO Max on Hisense XClass TV
Luckily, the HBO Max app is preinstalled on Hisense XClass Smart TVs. Find the HBO Max app on your smart TV, launch it, and sign in with your account.
How to Activate HBO Max
After installing the app on your Roku, Google, Fire, XClass, and Android Hisense Smart TVs, you need to activate the app to stream the content on your TV device.
1. Open the HBO Max app on your smart TV, and you can see an activation code on the screen.
2. Launch a browser on a smartphone or PC and visit the activation site of HBO Max (activate.hbomax.com).
3. On the website, enter the activation code displayed on your TV.
4. Once the code is verified, the smart TV refreshes, and you can start streaming your favorite.
How to Cast / AirPlay HBO Max to Hisense Smart TV
Hisense Smart TVs like Android and Google OS have built-in Cast support. In Hisense Roku and Fire TV, you need to activate the Display Mirroring or AirPlay feature to cast the app. With that, you can cast the HBO Max app from your smartphone. Unfortunately, the Cast feature is not available on the Hisense VIDAA and XClass TVs.
1. Connect your smartphone and Hisense Smart TV to the same WiFi connection.
2. Then, install the HBO Max app from the App Store or Play Store on your smartphone.
3. Open the HBO Max app and sign in with your account.
4. Tap the Cast icon on the HBO Max app.
5. From the list of devices, choose your Hisense Smart TV.
6. Then, play any video content from the HBO Max. It will appear on your Hisense TV.
7. To stop the casting, tap the Cast icon on the app and click the Disconnect button.
How to Fix HBO Max Not Working on Hisense Smart TV
If HBO Max is not working fine on your smart TV, you can follow the troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.
- Log out of the HBO Max app and activate the app again.
- Uninstall the HBO Max app and install it again.
- Clear cache files on your TV.
- Update your Hisense TV, If you are using the older version.
- Reset your Hisense TV to factory settings and install the app again.
Yes, you can install Amazon Prime on your Hisense Smart TV directly from the respective app store based on the OS.