Embedded videos are videos that are integrated into the website. These videos can’t be shared as an individual video like you share a YouTube video. The embedded videos are not standalone videos. If you want to download embedded videos from the website, you do some simple hacks. Embedded videos are mostly used in tutorials and how-tos sections of a product page.
The format of the embedded video varies with the website. Depending upon the format video, you can download them in different ways. Computers and laptops are the best devices to download the embedded video as it involves browser extensions and additional tabs. In smartphones, you need to do a lot of additional things.
Ways to Download Embedded Videos
- Save as option
- Browser Extension
- Other websites
- Screen Recorder
- VLC Media Player
- Smartphone Apps
How to Download Embedded Videos using Save as option
Using Save as option is one of the easiest ways to download an embedded video from websites.
(1) Place the cursor on the embedded video that you want to download.
(2) Right-click the mouse pointer and choose Save as option.
(3) Specify the Download Path if asked. Check the format of the video. If it is one of the video formats like MP4 or MKV, you can continue your download.
(4) If it is available on the Web format, you can’t download the embedded video as a video file. In such cases, try the other below-mentioned methods.
Steps to Download Embedded Videos using Browser Extensions
If you can’t download the embedded videos by using the Save as option, you can use this method. Using Browser Extension is an effective way to download videos from websites online.
(1) Open the Chrome browser and go to Chrome Web Store.
(3) After installing the extension, open the website that has the video you want to download.
(4) Play the video. While playing the video, click the Flash Video Downloader extension on the extension bar.
(5) The video will be available on the menu.
(6) Click the Download icon to download the embedded video from the website.
Download Embedded Videos using other websites
Apart from the browser extension, you can also use the other websites to download videos.
- Clip Converter (https://www.clipconverter.cc)
- Online Video Converter (https://www.onlinevideoconverter.com/video-converter)
- Fetchfile (http://en.fetchfile.net)
These are some of the popular sites that you can use to download embedded videos from online. But these websites will annoy you with a lot of ads. If you are okay with the ads, you can go for this option. Later you can edit those videos using any of the best video editors.
- Best Video Editor for Windows
- 10 Best Video Editors for Linux [Free & Paid]
- Top 10 Free and Best Android Video Editor Apps
- 11 Best Video Editor Software for Mac
How to Download Embedded Videos using a Screen Recorder
Screen recording is one of the best ways to download embedded videos. If you won’t trust browser extensions and websites, you can use this method. Screen Recording feature is a common one that are available on Windows, Mac, and smartphones. Record the whole video and crop the video file using some video editors.
- Best Screen Recorder for Windows
- Best Screen Recorders For Linux Systems
- Best Screen Recorder Apps for Android Smartphones
- How to Screen Record on Mac [2 Easy Methods]
Steps to Download Embedded Videos using VLC Media Player
VLC Media Player is one of the powerful media players. It can download embedded videos from the websites if you provide the correct URL.
(1) Open the VLC Media Player and go to Media –> Open Network Stream (Ctrl + N)
(2) The Open Media dialog box will open. Enter the URL that you want to download the embedded video and click Play.
(3) Now, the video will appear. Right-click on it and choose the Save option.
(4) The Convert dialog box will open. Change the format of the file as you want and choose the file destination. Click the Start button to start the conversion.
(5) When the file is converted, it will be downloaded to your PC.
Download Embedded Videos using Smartphone apps
In Android smartphones, you can download embedded videos with the help of apps. There are a lot of apps available on the Play Store for this purpose. Among those apps, Advanced Download Manager is the best app.
(1) Install the app from the Play Store
(2) Open the app and click the + icon on the bottom of the screen.
(3) In the Link area, paste the URL and click the Start button.
(4) The video will be downloaded.
These are different ways to download embedded videos from the website. Now, you can easily download an embedded video from any website online without any trouble. If you want to know more about downloading embedded videos, tell us in the comments section.