Whenever you create a new account on Windows 10, the new account will be enabled for “Standard” permissions. While logging through that account, you can access most of the apps that you installed on the computer. If you want to give full permissions to that user, Windows lets you do it right from the settings. Ensure that you’re logged in to an Administrator account to change the role of other accounts in Windows 10. Only the admins can edit the role of other accounts.
How to Change Administrator on Windows 10 PC?
(1) On your Windows search bar, search for Add, edit, or remove other users.
(2) Select Add, edit or remove other users and click Open to launch it.
(3) On the new screen, select the account that you want to edit and click Change account type.
(4) A new pop-up will appear on the screen. Click the drop-down icon located below the Account type menu.
(5) Select Administrator and click OK.
(6) Restart your computer to apply the changes.
How to Change Administrator name on Windows 10?
If you want to change the admin name on Windows 10, you can do it by
(1) Click the Windows logo on the bottom left corner and select the Settings icon.
(2) Select Accounts on the next screen.
(3) On the left-side menu panel, click Your info.
(4) Select Manage my Microsoft account.
(5) It will redirect you to the Microsoft web page. Click the drop-down located next to More actions and select Edit profile.
(6) Click Edit name located below your name.
(7) Enter your new name, captcha and tap Save to apply the changes.
(8) Restart your Windows 10 computer and the administrator name will be changed automatically.
Techowns Tips: How to change password on Windows 10?
Now, you will know the way to change the role of a local account with ease. At the same time, it is not advisable to change the local account type, as it will let the users access all your important files and apps.