One of the main advantages of using Spotify is that you can connect it with various apps and services. Is there any way to connect Spotify to Discord? Yes, now Spotify and Discord can be connected so that you can connect and share your music with your friends while playing and chatting within the Discord app. If you wonder how to connect Spotify to Discord, here is your answer.
You can connect your Spotify account to Discord either using the app or the website on your PC. To utilize this feature, you should have a premium Spotify membership.
- App – Open the Discord app > click on three-horizontal line > choose your profile icon > click on Connections > click the Add tab > Choose Spotify > login with your account.
- Browser – Visit the Discord site > click on User Settings and go to Connections > choose Spotify and log in with your account.
How to Connect Spotify to Discord Using App [Android & iPhone]
 Open the Discord app on your Android or iOS Smartphone.
 Click the three horizontal lined icons in the top left of the screen.
 Tap on your Profile icon at the bottom right corner.
 Click Connections.
 In the Connection tab, click Add in the top right corner of the screen.
 Tap on the Spotify connection.
 On the next page, choose the login option and enter the necessary credentials of your Spotify account. Allow the necessary permission for Discord to connect with Spotify.
 Once done, click the X/Done button.
 In the Connection menu, the track that you’re currently listening to will appear in the profile.
 Tap the + option and invite your friends to listen with you.
How to Connect Spotify to Discord Using PC
 Open a web browser on a PC and visit the Discord website.
 Log in with your Discord account and click the User Settings icon on the bottom of the screen.
 In the User Settings menu, click the Connections tab.
 Under CONNECT YOUR ACCOUNTS section, tap on the Spotify icon.
 Now, you will be re-directed to a Spotify web page. Here you have to log in with the Spotify account and give necessary permission by tapping the Agree button.
 After connecting Spotify to Discord, move back to the “Connections” section, and it will show your Spotify username.
- You can also allow your current playing music to appear in your profile by selecting the Display on Profile slider.
- Instead, you can also select Spotify as your status option, which will appear only as your Discord user status.
How to Disconnect Spotify from Discord
 Open Spotify and click Connections in the User Settings menu.
 Choose Spotify and tap the X mark at the top-left of the green box.
 Click on Disconnect to disconnect the Spotify account from Discord.
Alternative Way – Install Spotify Discord Bot
- Open a web browser and log in to your Discord account.
- Visit this link and click on Add to Discord.
- Choose the server where you need to install the bot.
- Click Authorize and complete the captcha verification process.
- The bot will be installed on your server immediately.
- Now, you can listen to the songs while playing by entering -play followed by the song name.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are on call or playing a game, Discord will stop playing the music. Also, ensure that you have a premium subscription and a proper WiFi network.
You can connect Spotify with Facebook, Twitch, Steam, YouTube, Twitter, etc.