You can delete your POF (Plenty of Fish) account by logging into your account on the web version. If you want to stop using the dating service temporarily, you can hide your profile using the Profile Visibility setting.
Warning: This would permanently delete all data from the POF web server. Back up the important images or contacts before you delete your account on POF.
Browser – Visit the POF website > sign-in to your account > click on the User icon > choose My Profile > select Settings > click on Delete Account.
How to Delete POF Account Using a Web Browser
Sometimes, dating apps may be more annoying than finding someone in real. It would seem leaving the app may be the best thing to do to avoid unnecessary notifications and messages received. However, it would permanently delete all the data associated with it. You can’t recover the deleted data, chats, or match history by any means. So think well before you follow the steps given below.
- Open the POF webpage in a web browser, either on a PC or Smartphone browser app.
- Sign in using account credentials.
- At the top-right (header) of the page, click on the User icon.
- Click on the My Profile item in the drop-down menu.
- On the My Profile page, click on the Settings tab.
- Open the Delete Account tab and click on Delete Account.
- It’s optional to answer the short questionnaire about why you would want to delete your account.
Tip: Login to check whether the deletion was successful or not.
How to Hide Your Plenty of Fish Profile
To stop your profile from being visible to others, you can just mute or hide your profile. Here is how you can hide your plenty of fish profile.
- Visit the POF site in a web browser.
- Log in using your account
- At the top-right header area, click on the user icon.
- In the vertical drop-down menu, click on My Profile.
- On the right sidebar, locate the option/tab labeled as Profile Visibility.
- Open the tab Profile Visibility.
- Press and toggle the radio button labeled as ‘Hide Profile.’
Tip: Refresh the page to check if the status is Invisible.
How to Cancel a POF Subscription
When you cannot find a lot of matches, you can opt-out to take a break from the app.
Cancel POF Subscription on Web Browser
- Open the POF webpage on your web browser.
- Login to your account.
- Click Premium at the top of the page.
- Click on the button labeled Click here to let your upgrade expire.
- On the prompt or modal dialogue, click on the Proceed button to cancel the subscription.
Cancel POF Subscription on iPhone
- From the iPhone home screen, locate the Settings and open it.
- Tap your Apple ID name at the top of the page.
- Choose the Subscriptions menu.
- Tap the Plenty of Fish option on the list. Scroll to the bottom of the page and choose Cancel Subscription.
Cancel POF Subscription on Android
- Open the Google Play Store app from the home screen.
- Tap your profile picture in the upper-right corner.
- Choose Payment & subscriptions and then tap Subscriptions.
- Tap your Plenty of Fish subscription and cancel it.
Related – How to Delete Match Account
Frequently Asked Questions
There is no policy to delete inactive accounts. However, inactive accounts would rank less on the search results. Unless your profile is among the very few in the location, your profile won’t appear on the first page of the search result.
You cannot delete your POF account from the mobile app. But you can visit the POF website on your mobile browser to delete the account.
No. The POF account cannot be deleted within 24 hours of creation. You have to wait for 24 hours or more after account creation to do so.