Google Play Store is the heart of every Android smartphone. You can install apps & games, buy books and movies. But what if the app you want to install is not available on the Play Store. For security reasons, privacy issues, and policy violations some apps are not available on the Play Store. Not all apps have issues. The perfect example is the Dream11 app. As of now, the app is not available on the Google Play Store but available on the Apple App Store. So, if you want to install Dream11, you need to download and install the apk on Android smartphones.
What is an APK File?
APK file is the same as extension files on your PC. Most of the time, we install apps and games for PC from websites rather than Microsoft Store. When we install apps and games from the website, we will get the extension file of the app. Then we run the extension file to install the app. This goes the same for Android Smartphones. You download the apk file from websites and run the apk file to install the app. These apk files are not available on the Google Play Store. Installing an apk file on Android is a simple process.
- Update your Android OS to the recent version or to the Android 9 or above.
- If you can’t update the OS on your Android, go to Settings –> Security –> Unknown Sources to download apks file from websites.
How to Install APK file on Android Smartphones
(1) Go to the official website of the app you want to install. In this post, we are going to install Dream11 on Android.
(2) Now, open Google Chrome or any other browsers. Search for the official website. If you don’t know the official website, just search for the app you want to download.
(3) Click the Download App button displayed on the screen.
(4) If you using Android 9 or above, a pop-up will appear. Click OK.
(5) The apk will be downloaded. Now, go to the Downloads folder. You will see the apk file. Click on it.
(6) Click Continue if any pop-up appears.
(7) On the next screen, click the Install button.
(8) You will get the installing screen. Wait until the installation is completed.
(9) When the installation is completed, you will see the Open button. Click on it to run the app.
After installing the app, You can update the app on Android by following the same method.
If you are unable to find the webiste of the app, you can use this method.
(1) On your Chrome browser, go to m.apkpure.com
(2) Here you can find all the Play Store apps and apps that can be installed on Android smartphones.
(3) Tap the Search icon on the top of the screen.
(4) Enter the name of the app you want to install and search for it.
(5) Click on the app and tap on the Download APK button on the next screen.
(6) Click OK to download the apk file.
(7) Now, follow the Step 5-9 from the above method to install the apk file.
And Hurrah, you have downloaded the apk file from the website and installed it on your Android smartphones. So, when the next time, the app you are looking for is not available on the Play Store, download and install it from the websites. If you know any other methods to install apk on Android smartphones, tell that in the comments section.
Stay connected with us on Facebook and Twitter for more updates.