LastPass is the popular and the best password manager available to save and manage your important account details. It has more than 10 million active users around the world. It will automatically fill in the passwords wherever you want (only when saved on LastPass). LastPass has a premium version with extra features like unlimited password sharing, 1GB cloud storage, multifactor authentication, and many more. Before purchasing the premium version, one must know the difference between the premium and free versions. Here is the LastPass Premium vs Free guide to find out the differences.
How Does it Work
1. Download the LastPass extension or app according to your device.
2. Sign in with your LastPass account and set your master password for the LastPass app.
3. Now, you can add your websites to the dashboard and fill in your usernames and passwords.
4. It will save your passwords in the vault and automatically fills the login information into the respective websites.
LastPass Premium vs Free: Free Features
LastPass Free version has many premium features like other similar password manager apps. So, let us discuss such features in detail.
- Unlimited storage of passwords – You can store passwords from all your apps and websites in LastPass.
- Autofill – You can autofill passwords on websites even with the free version of LastPass.
- Multiple Save features – LastPass freemium offers not only the option to save passwords but also you can save WiFi credentials, Credit cards, and Bank accounts.
- Auto Form Fill – Like Facebook’s autofill form feature, LastPass offers auto form-fill in all sites and apps in the free version. It will fill in your details like address, phone number, etc. with just a single click.
- Free Trial – Even with the free version, you will get to use the premium features for 30 days.
- Customer support – LastPass offers 24×7 customer support to clear our problems.
- Auto Password generator – While creating a new account on any site, it suggests a strong password that is very hard to be guessed by hackers.
- Two-factor Authentication – Supports two-factor authentication, including the LastPass authenticator.
- Password Audit – It will remind you with a notification alert if you use the same passwords on multiple websites.
- Secure Vault – Add, edit, view, and delete your passwords anytime with the help of the LastPass secure vault.
- Password Generator – When you are creating an account, you can generate a high secured password using LassPass’s built-in password generator tool.
LastPass Premium vs Free: Premium Features
LastPass premium version has tons of extra layers of security features, which are very useful for all users, and they also provide a 30-day free trial for all devices. Now, let us see the extra features in the premium version.
- Unlimited devices support – Users can access their LastPass account on multiple devices at the same time.
- Customer Support – For premium users, you will get prioritized customer support.
- Other basic features are as same as the basic features of the free version of LastPass.
- 1GB Cloud storage – Offers you up to 1GB of extra storage to save passwords, notes, card details, etc.
- One to Many sharing – Share your passwords with particular users. Example: Share your Netflix password with the people who shared your Netflix account.
- DarkWeb Monitor – An automatic alert will be sent to the premium users if any of their details are shared in DarkWeb.
- Security Dashboard – Security dashboard provides you security score for all your passwords, where you can edit and modify the weak passwords to improve security.
- Multiple Devices – Using the premium account, you can use LastPass on multiple devices without any restrictions.
Single Users & Family Plans
Kindly note that all the single and family plans, including the free plan, offer you a 30-day free trial of the premium version of LastPass. It will be activated immediately after installing the app and logging in to the app for the first time.
Note: On World Password Day (May 06th, 2022), LastPass is offering all the subscriptions at 20% off.
- Free – Free forever. No need to pay monthly fees, but some features are locked.
- Premium – $3 per month, gives you access to all premium features with one premium license.
- Families – $4 per month with all premium features up to 6 licenses pre subscription.
All the plans are billed annually.
All the subscription packs in the business plan offer a 14-day free trial after installing the app and logging in for the first time.
- MFA – $3/user/month with multifactor authentication support for the entire business.
- Teams – $4/user/month, requires a minimum purchase of 50 accounts.
- Enterprise – $6/user/month, unlimited users with a single username and password.
- Identity – $8/user/month, with single signin, multifactor authentication, and enterprise-level password management.
In the above article, we see the differences between the LastPass premium vs free versions. In our opinion, the free version will mostly be suitable for all people because most users prefer to use password managers on iPhones, Android & PC just for storing the passwords. The premium version is recommended only if you are a multi-device user, as you cannot use multiple devices simultaneously. Do you have any questions related to the above article? Kindly leave them in the comment section below. Follow Techowns Facebook and Twitter pages to read our comparison tutorials instantly.
When compared with the free version, LastPass Premium is really worth it.
You can get the 30-day free trial or you can invite your friends using the referral link.