When it comes to PDF, Adobe Reader is the first option that comes to everyone’s mind. Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is cloud-based software to view and annotate PDF documents on Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS devices. What about Chromebook? Is it possible to access Adobe Reader on Chromebook? Yes. Adobe Reader is available for Chromebook. Adobe Reader is one of the best PDF editors for Chromebook that you can access in 2022. Even though the Adobe reader is free to use, you can unlock the premium version for features
- Editing the PDF files
- Create a new PDF file
- Convert a PDF file to other formats like PNG, JPG, Docs, and more.
- Compress the size of PDF files
- Protect your PDF file with a password
- Combine two PDF files
Features of Adobe Reader
Before knowing how to access Adobe Reader on Chromebook, let’s have a look at its features.
- Includes a free global standard document management system.
- Annotation includes adding comments, sticky notes, markup texts, highlights, etc.
- View, review, sign, and send the shared documents.
- Track the pending actions of the documents that are shared with you.
- You can add a signature to the PDF document easily.
- Work with scanned documents, fill out, and sign forms.
- Let’s you upload and sign documents.
- You can compare two PDF files for updates and changes.
- It supports accessing PDF and other files from cloud storage services like Google Drive, One Drive, DropBox, and a few more.
How to Use Adobe Reader on Chromebook
One can access Adobe reader on Chromebook in three different ways. The best and easiest solution would be using the web version. If your Chromebook has Google Play Store support, you can install the Android version of Adobe Reader. Apart from that, Adobe Reader is also natively available on the Chrome Web Store. Hence, you can add it easily on the Chromebook.
Using the Web Version
#1. Launch the Chrome browser on Chromebook.
#2. Visit www.adobe.com/acrobat/online.html.
#3. Sign in to your Adobe account or create a new one if you haven’t signed up already. You can also sign in with your Google, Facebook, or Apple account.
#4. After signing in, the home page of the Adobe Reader web version will appear on the screen.
#5. Click the Upload a file option if you want to open the PDF file stored locally on the Chromebook.
#6. The home screen also has options like
- Convert to PDF
- Compress PDF
- Edit Text & images
- PDF to JPG
- Export a PDF
Using the Play Store
If your Chromebook OS version is 53 and above, you can install the Adobe Reader app from Play Store.
To enable Play Store on Chromebook:
- Click on the Account icon to select the Settings icon.
- Select Enable Google Play Store on your Chromebook option.
- Click on Get Started.
- Hit I Agree to accept the terms and conditions.
- Select Sign In.
- Click Accept.
(1). Launch the Google Play Store app from the launcher.
(2). Click inside the search bar and type Adobe Reader. Press the enter key.
(3). Select Adobe Acrobat Reader from the search result.
(4). Click on the Install button to download it.
(5). After installation, click the Open button.
(6). You can now start using Adobe Reader on Chromebook.
As Chrome Extension
Those having older Chromebook models can get Adobe Acrobat from the Chrome Web Store. To get it,
(1). Open the Chrome browser on your Chromebook.
(2). On the address bar, type Abode Reader and tap on the Enter key.
(3). Open the official Chrome Web Store link of Adobe Acrobat.
(4). Hover to select Add to Chrome button.
(5). On the pop-up, click on the Add extension button.
(6). After it gets installed, you can use the extension to view and read all the PDF files on your Chromebook.
Adobe Reader Alternatives for Chrome OS
Here are the few services that you can use as an Adobe Reader alternative for Chromebook
Accessing PDF files wouldn’t be better without Adobe Reader. Based on your Chromebook model, choose the method you want and open PDF files on the Chromebook conveniently.
- How to find WiFi password on Chromebook
- How to Split Screen on Chromebook
- How to find MAC address on Chromebook