HBO Max is a streaming application developed by Warner Media. It is a standalone service developed to feature all HBO contents. HBO Max comes with a massive collection of classical TV shows, blockbuster movies, and various Max originals. If you are a TCL TV user, then you can install HBO Max officially. The installation steps will vary as the TCL TV runs on two different OS: Android and Roku OS. Regardless of the platform, you can install and activate HBO Max on your TCL Smart TV with ease.
Install HBO Max on TCL Android TV
1) Turn on your TCL Android TV and connect it to the internet.
2) On the home screen, navigate to the Apps section.
3) Choose the Google Play Store app.
4) Hover to the search field and type HBO Max.
5) Choose the app from the list of search results.
6) Click the Install tab on the app info page.
7) Wait for the app to install on your TV.
8) After downloading it, you need to activate the app with an HBO Max account, which is discussed further.
Techowns Tip: Steps to Watch Peacock TV on TCL
Install HBO Max on TCL Roku TV
1) From the TCL Roku TV home screen, click on the Streaming Channels section.
2) On the next screen, navigate to the Search menu and search for HBO Max.
3) You can also browse for the HBO Max channel by navigating through the categories.
4) Choose the application from the list of search results.
5) Click Add Channel on the app installation page.
6) The HBO Max app will download and install on your TCL Roku TV.
7) Now, you need to activate the HBO Max app.
Activate HBO Max
Whether your TV runs on Android or Roku OS, you need to activate the app with your HBO Max account. Make sure to register for HBO Max which costs $14.99/month.
1) Launch the HBO Max app on your TCL TV.
2) Click Sign in and the app will display an activation code.
3) Open a web browser on your mobile or computer and go to the HBO Max Activation site.
5) Enter the activation code and click Next.
6) Log in to your account and activate the app.
After the successful activation, your HBO Max app will display the contents on your TCL Smart TV.
If your TCL TV is equipped with built-in Chromecast support, you can cast HBO Max from your smartphone. Both the Android and iOS version of HBO Max supports casting.
Visit this link to find the TCL TVs which comes with Chromecast support.
1) Open the HBO Max on your smartphone.
2) Make sure to connect your smartphone and TCL TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
3) Play any of your favourite content on the app.
4) Tap the Cast icon on the top-right corner of the screen.
5) Choose the TCL TV from the list of available devices.
6) Now, the content should will cast on your TV.
7) To stop casting, tap the cast icon again and then choose Stop Casting.
These are different ways to watch HBO Max on your TV. With HBO Max, users can enjoy WarnerMedia’s full slate of theatrical releases, including The Matrix 4, Dune, The Suicide Squad, Space Jam: A New Legacy, and much more in 2021.