- Android: Settings → Apps → Manage Apps → Search Messenger → Clear Data → Clear Cache → OK.
- iPhone/iPad: Settings → General → iPhone Storage → Search Messenger → Offload App → Clear Cache.
- Desktop: Open the desired browser and clear the cache.
Messenger is one of the best messaging apps used by people worldwide. Moreover, Messenger is used as the default communication app for Facebook. Frequent use of the Messenger app consumes more storage space on your smartphone in the form of a cache. Therefore, to use the Messenger app more efficiently and avoid loading issues, you must clear the cache of the Messenger app frequently on your smartphone.
How to Clear Messenger Cache on Android
Unlike other apps, Messenger doesn’t have the option to remove the cache within the app. Therefore, you must navigate to Settings to clear the cache.
1. Launch the Settings app on your Android smartphone.
2. Scroll down and choose Apps from the list of menus.
3. Under Apps, tap Manage Apps.
4. Now, search for the Messenger app and tap on it.
5. Now, tap Clear Data and select Clear Cache.
6. Tap OK when asked for confirmation to clear the cache.
Tip! Now, you can change the language on Messenger and start messaging with your families in your native language.
How to Clear Messenger Cache on iPhone
Unfortunately, iOS doesn’t have the feature to clear the cache of the apps. However, you can offload the app from your iPhone.
1. On your iPhone/iPad, launch the Settings app.
2. Under Settings, tap General.
3. Scroll down until you see iPhone Storage and tap on it.
4. Now, search for the Messenger app and tap on it once you have found it.
5. Tap Offload App. The app will be uninstalled from your iPhone. Again, navigate to App Store and install the Messenger app.
- If you wish to delete the app, you can tap Delete App.
Tip! Like WhatsApp, you can turn off your active status in Facebook Messenger to hide your privacy from others.
How to Clear Messenger Cache on Windows/Mac
If you use Messenger on a browser, you can remove the browser cache from your desktop.
1. Open Chrome on your PC and click Customize & Control Google Home (three vertical dot icons) in the top-right.
2. Click Settings → select Privacy and security on the left.
3. Further, click Clear Browsing Data and choose either Basic or Advanced based on your preference.
4. Click Clear data to remove the cache.
1. Launch the Firefox browser on your PC.
2. Click the Hamburger icon on the top right and click Settings.
3. Next, click Privacy & Security on the left and scroll down till your find the Cookies and Site Data section.
4. Finally, click Clear Data → Clear to remove the cache.
1. Click Settings (three dots) on the Edge browser.
2. On the left, click Privacy, search, and services.
3. Under Clear browsing data, click Choose what to clear.
4. Click Clear Now.