- Agoda doesn’t offer any option to delete the account.
- But you can request Agoda account deletion by emailing or contacting customer service using live chat or call.
In this article, we will demonstrate the methods to delete the Agoda account permanently. Apart from that, we have also explained how to opt out of Agoda emails on hotels, house-for-rent advertisements, and other promotional offers.
How to Delete Agoda Account
The Agoda app is available for both Android and iPhone users. However, there is no direct option to delete your Agoda account via the official website or smartphone. You can delete your account only by emailing or live chat with Agoda Customer Service.
Live Chat with Agoda Customer Service
Before deleting your account, you must change the personal data and information on your account so that no one can reach you from the Agoda website.
1. On your preferred web browser, go to Agoda’s official website.
2. Tap the Sign in button at the top right corner of the home screen.
3. Select the Email tab if you created your account with your email address and password. Else, select the Mobile tab to log in with your registered mobile number.
4. Once logged in, scroll down to the bottom of the webpage and tap Help Center.
5. If you can’t find the Help Center, visit agoda.com/info/contact.html.
6. You will arrive at the Agoda Contact Page. Tap the Contact Agoda Customer Service.
7. It will open the Agoda customer service. From the list of options, click Contact Agoda.
8. Type your Agoda email address and send it in the chat.
9. Then, you have to input your Agoda booking ID.
10. Next, enter the message, “I want to Delete my Agoda Account” and send it.
11. Follow the Agoda chat screen guidelines to proceed with account deletion.
Compose an Email to Delete the Agoda Account
1. Visit the Agoda website on any preferred browser.
2. Sign in to your account using the necessary credentials.
3. Tap Help Center at the website’s footer and click the Email Form option.
4. Select the Email Form section and provide the registered email address.
5. Hit Report a Problem with the site or Techincal Error option under the Category section.
6. In the message text box, enter “I want to delete my Agoda account” and tap Submit to send the message.
Call Agoda Customer Support Using a Phone
You can also directly talk to an Agoda customer support agent and request for account deletion. Dial 1 (866) 656-8207 from your registered mobile number and wait for a support agent to respond to you. Input all the necessary details, including the Agoda account’s registered email address.
If the annoying ads are the primary reason to delete your Agoda account, try ad blockers on Android and block the ads on the Agoda website.
Is it Possible to Deactivate the Agoda Account?
No. It is impossible to deactivate the Agoda account temporarily. If you like to take a break from Agoda, you can sign out from the account and log in when necessary. This is the only feasible way to pause your Agoda account.
How to Unsubscribe to Agoda Mails
If you are a frequent traveler and don’t want to say goodbye to Agoda, you can opt out of all the emails from Agoda to keep your mail clean and neat. Instead of deleting all the unwanted emails, this will help you stay away from auto-generated emails.
1. Go to the Agoda website and sign in with your account.
2. Click the Profile icon on the webpage.
3. On the list of options, tap the Profile option.
4. Scroll down to the Email Subscriptions and choose the Never option for the Newsletter.
5. Then, turn off all three toggles. The changes will be saved automatically.
6. After that, you won’t receive any emails from Agoda.
Sign in to your Agoda account and select the My Booking option under My Account. →Tap the Cancel booking option on the My Bookings page. Select the reason for cancelation and tap Cancel this booking to confirm.
Visit the Agoda website and sign in with your account. Select Browsing History and tap the Remove from View option to delete it.
Airbnb, Expedia, and Booking.com are some of the best alternatives to Agoda.