Social media apps are very popular among every one of us. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter are the most used social apps in the world. Other than these apps, Pinterest is also a major social media app that has a constant user base. But, nowadays, all social media apps are full of ads. This is the main reason that many are deleting their social media accounts either temporarily or permanently. In this article, we showed you how to delete a Pinterest account.
Types of deleting Pinterest Account
Pinterest offers two types to remove your account.
- Deactivate your account
- Close your account
Deactivate vs Close your account
Deactivate your account will no longer show your profile on Pinterest. It is a temporary action. If you want to activate your deactivated account, you just need to log in to your Pinterest account. Whereas Close your account will permanently remove your account from Pinterest. There is no way that you can recover your Pinterest account if you choose to Close your account.
Ways to Delete Pinterest Account
There are two ways to delete a Pinterest Account.
- Using a smartphone app
- Using browser
Steps to Delete Pinterest Account in the smartphone app
Pinterest Account can be deleted by using both the iOS and Android smartphone app. The procedure is the same for both devices, the name of the option only varies.
(1) Open the Pinterest app on your smartphone and tap the Profile icon on the bottom left side of the screen.
(2) At the Profile page, tap the Profile icon on the top left side of the screen.
(3) Now, tap the Settings icon on the top right side of the screen.
(4) On the next screen, tap the Edit Settings options. In iOS devices, tap the Account Settings option.
(5) Scroll down until you see the Deactivate account and Close account option.
(6) Tap any one of the option to delete your account temporarily or permanently. Choose the corresponding confirmation option.
Techowns Tip: How to block someone on Pinterest?
Steps to delete Pinterest Account using a browser
(1) Go to www.pinterest.ca and log in with your Pinterest account that you want to delete.
(2) Click the three-horizontal dotted icon on the top right side of the screen.
(3) In the Profile page, click the Edit Settings option on the right side of the screen.
(4) On the next screen, click the Account Settings option which is on the left side of the screen.
(5) On the bottom of the page, you will see Deactivate account and Close account options. Choose any of the options to delete your Pinterest account and click on Next.
(6) In PC, you need to specify the reason why you are leaving. Specify the reason and click Deactivate or Close Account.
That’s how you delete or remove your Pinterest account temporarily or permanently. If you want to remove your Pinterest business account or a deceased person account, you need to head to Pinterest’s official Contact us page help.pinterest.com/en/contact.