YouTube is one such platform that needs no introduction. It is one of the platforms where movie teasers and trailers are released globally. It is one of the most used social media platforms in the world. The platform has thousands of channels and millions for subscribers. To download YouTube videos offline it has its own built-in Download option. But it is not available for all the videos. If you don’t know how to download all the videos, read the full article.
How to Download YouTube videos?
There are two ways to download YT videos.
- Using the smartphone app
- Using PCs
How to Download YouTube Videos using the smartphone app?
The videos you download using the built-in Download option won’t be available on your smartphones’ offline library. It will available on the YouTube app’s Downloads section.
(1) Open the YouTube app on your smartphone (Android or iOS)
(2) Click the video you want to download.
(3) While the video is playing, click the Download icon (fourth icon).
(4) A pop-up will appear to choose the quality of the video. Choose the desired quality and click OK.
(5) The video will be downloaded after a while.
(6) To see the video, go to the Library tab.
(7) Click the Downloads option. The video you downloaded will be available there.
You can use this method for Android and iOS smartphones. Not all the videos are available for offline download. Some videos are restricted, to download those videos you need to have Premium account.
Note: These downloaded videos will be available offline only for 29 days.
How to Download YouTube videos using the PCs
YouTube app is available for Windows 10 OS only. The previous versions of Windows users access YouTube only through URL.
By using the link of the video, you can download the videos on your PC’s offline library. There are many ways to do that, the simplest of all is mentioned below.
(1) Open the YouTube URL youtube.com
(2) Play the video you need to download.
(3) Now, copy the video link and paste in a new tab with ”ss” in the beginning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9gnW8TAP2U to https://www.ssyoutube.com/watch?v=x9gnW8TAP2U
(4) Click the Download button on the next screen. The video will be downloaded to your PC.
Other than these methods, apps like 4K Video Downloader, Tubmate, YouTube Video Downloader, Vidmate can also be used.
You can also use third-party apps to download Youtube videos to your smartphone and PC. Here are some apps which are used to download Youtube videos.
- 4K Video Downloader
- YTD Downloader
Check our list of Best Youtube Downloader for Windows.
Downloading YouTube videos using third-party apps and sites are against the YouTube Terms of Service. Download the videos on your own risk. Generally, you don’t need to download YouTube videos as the platform is for online streaming. If you any other methods to download YouTube videos, tell us in the comments section.