The LinkedIn platform is free to use, but one can purchase the premium version to unlock various features. While signing up for the first time, the LinkedIn platform offers a 30-day free trial to test out the features. Besides the free trial, there are several tricks to get the premium version for free. However, these tricks will let you enjoy the premium features only for a limited number of days.
- Subscription Plans
- How to Get LinkedIn Premium for Free By Signing Up for a Free Trial
- Exisiting LinkedIn User
- New LinkedIn User
- How to Get LinkedIn Premium for Free Using Third-Party Tools
- Activate LinkedIn Premium for Military Veterans
- Using Visual Studio Learning Program
- Using Plus-One Pledge
- Using 50% Off During Cancellation
- Free LinkedIn Premium for Journalists
- Using Sales Navigator Referral
- Limitations for Sales Navigator Referral
- LinkedIn Free vs. Premium
- Frequently Asked Questions
There are four premium plans available on LinkedIn. You will get 30 days free trial on all the plans.
|LinkedIn Premium Career
Ideal for job seekers who wish to kickstart their career
|LinkedIn Premium Business
Helps to build a professional network and create business opportunities
|LinkedIn Sales Navigator
Get more sales leads to reach out to customers with ease
|LinkedIn Recruiter Lite
The best way to pick the right candidate for your company
How to Get LinkedIn Premium for Free By Signing Up for a Free Trial
Exisiting users can get the free trial only if they haven’t opted for the premium version earlier. It means the free trial can be availed only once.
Exisiting LinkedIn User
1. Click the Profile icon at the top right corner of the LinkedIn website or app.
2. Tap Settings & Privacy from the dropdown options.
3. Then click on Account preferences from the left sidebar.
4. Under the Subscriptions & payments section, select the Change section.
5. Choose an ideal plan depending on your requirements.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions to activate the one-month free trial.
New LinkedIn User
1. Go to the LinkedIn Premium website and click the Try free for 1 month button.
2. Log in to your LinkedIn account or tap Join with Google.
3. Now, complete the security check verification.
4. Select any one of the premium plans which suits your requirement.
5. Select Start my free month.
6. Complete the checkout process by providing your Credit card or PayPal information.
7. After successful checkout, your LinkedIn premium will be activated for 30 days validity.
How to Get LinkedIn Premium for Free Using Third-Party Tools
LinkedIn Premium free trial can also be availed with the following services.
- LinkedIn Premium for Military Veterans
- Visual Studio Learning Program
- Using Plus-One Pledge
- Using 50% Offer During Cancellation
- LinkedIn for Journalists
- Sales Navigator Referral
Activate LinkedIn Premium for Military Veterans
If you are a member of the US Military or a US Military Veteran, you will get one year of LinkedIn Premium for free. For that, you have to verify your US Military credentials with SheerID. It also offers 10,000 courses via LinkedIn Learning as a compliment.
1. Go to the LinkedIn Global Impact website.
2. Specify the necessary information and click on Verify My Military Status via SheerID.
3. When your profile is verified, you will get the credentials to access LinkedIn Premium without any subscription for one year.
Note: This is a one-time offering. You can’t use the same ID more than one time.
Tip! You can deactivate your LinkedIn premium temporarily when you have too many job notifications.
Using Visual Studio Learning Program
Microsoft’s Visual Studio offers a LinkedIn free trial to its user as a part of the learning program. To get this offer, you should have a Microsoft account. After creating an account, follow these steps.
1. Go to the Visual Studio Dev Essentials webpage from a browser.
2. Click the Join or access now button at the top left.
3. Sign in with a Microsoft account and go to the Benefits page.
4. Click Activate under the LinkedIn Learning section.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to activate the free trial.
Using Plus-One Pledge
Plus-One Pledge is an initiative by LinkedIn where the premium membership can be shared. People working at LinkedIn will get free coupons. They can send these free coupons to anyone on LinkedIn. All you have to do is to find those people who are offering these coupons. To find out, simply search #PlusOnePledge on the LinkedIn app to see if someone has shared a story regarding that.
By contacting them via LinkedIn chat or InMail, you can activate your free subscription. The free trial plan is offered for 3 months, 6 months, or 1 year. While messaging them, be honest with your opinions and how important the LinkedIn Premium to your career is.
Using 50% Off During Cancellation
If you think LinkedIn Premium is too costly for you, you can purchase with a 50% offer. To get this offer, you should buy a LinkedIn subscription first and cancel it. While canceling the LinkedIn subscription, mention the reason as It’s too expensive. Now, you will get the 50% off for the next two months. Click the Claim offer button to activate. If you have changed your mind, click the Confirm cancel button to cancel.
Free LinkedIn Premium for Journalists
LinkedIn also offers 1-year free access to LinkedIn Premium for qualified health journalists. To claim this offer, you need to attend a webinar. Before that, you need to register on LinkedIn for Journalists. While registering, ensure that your profile should clearly be meant for a journalism career. For more information, you can refer to their official webpage. You can also download the LinkedIn Videos on iPhone/ Android for reporting the content on your profile.
Basically, LinkedIn offers a 1-month free trial for activating a Sales Navigator subscription. Luckily, you can extend this free trial for additional two months using a referral program. Sales Navigator subscribers can refer someone using these steps.
1. Go to the home screen of Sales Navigator and click Referrals at the top right.
2. Enter your friend’s name to whom you want to refer LinkedIn Premium free trial.
3. Click Send. It will send the free trial activation link via LinkedIn message.
LinkedIn users should meet these requirements to get started with a 2-month free trial.
- You must be the first-degree connection to the one who referred you.
- You should not have a LinkedIn Premium subscription right now.
- Never used a LinkedIn Premium free trial in the past year.
LinkedIn Free vs. Premium
These are the things you must know before getting a LinkedIn Premium membership.
|up to 100
|up to 300
|Who viewed your profile in 90 days
|Yes. Limited to 5
Tip! Reset your Pinterest password if you think someone has access to your account.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can get LinkedIn Premium free for one year by using your US Military credentials.
Yes. If you have a student mail ID that ends with .edu, you can get LinkedIn Premium for free for up to 6 months.