Spectrum TV is a reliable application to watch 150 live TV channels and 20000 on-demand titles via an internet connection. If you’re connected to the Spectrum internet WiFi network, you will get an additional 100 TV channels and 10000 on-demand titles. Apart from smartphones, Spectrum TV is easily accessible on Samsung Smart TVs. But what about LG TV? Can you download the Spectrum TV app on LG TV? The answer is No.
Running on webOS, LG Smart TVs don’t have official support to install the Spectrum TV app. Then, how to get the Spectrum app on LG Smart TV? You need to rely on streaming devices like Google Chromecast, Xbox One, and Roku. Meanwhile, Spectrum TV is not available for Firestick. Hence, you can’t use Amazon’s streaming device. We will show you the procedure for all methods.
AirPlay Spectrum TV on LG TV
The latest models for LG Smart TV, from 2018 and above or from webOS 4.0, will support AirPlay and AirPlay 2 features. With that, you can easily AirPlay media content to LG TV from your iPhone or iPad.
(1) Install the Spectrum TV app from the App Store on your iPhone or iPad.
(2) Then, connect your iPhone or iPad and LG TV to the same WiFi connection.
(3) After that, enable the AirPlay feature in the AirPlay settings menu on your LG TV.
(4) Open the Spectrum TV app on your smartphone and log in with your account.
(5) Play any video content from the live TV channels or an on-demand section.
(6) On the playback screen, tap the AirPlay icon.
(7) Now, your iPhone or iPad will search for nearby AirPlay-compatible devices.
(8) Tap on your LG Smart TV when it is detected.
(9) Now, the video content from the Spectrum TV app will appear on the LG TV screen.
Cast Spectrum TV on LG TV using Chromecast
Google Chromecast is a popular dongle used to cast media content from smartphones to TV. In the earlier versions, the Spectrum TV app doesn’t have built-in support to cast its contents. But in the latest version of the app, you can cast the Spectrum TV video content to any cast device with ease.
(1) Connect your Chromecast to the LG TV and ensure your Android device & Chromecast are on the same WiFi network.
(2) Launch the Spectrum TV app on your Android smartphone. If you don’t have the app, install it from the Play Store.
(3) Play any video content and tap the Cast icon.
(4) Select your Chromecast device.
(5) Now, the video content will appear on your TV screen.
Watch Spectrum TV on LG TV using Roku
Roku is another popular streaming device used to stream media content via the internet. It has a dedicated Roku Channel Store to download apps.
(1) Connect your Roku device to the LG TV and ensure that it was connected to the internet connection.
(2) Press the home button on your Roku remote and navigate to the Streaming channels section.
(3) Use the search bar to find the Spectrum TV app.
(4) Install the Spectrum TV app on Roku and then launch it.
(5) Configure your Spectrum TV login credentials and start streaming its contents.
Watch Spectrum TV on LG TV using Xbox One
Everyone knows Xbox One is a popular console to play games on bigger screens. But, it also provides access to some of the streaming apps for media content. Among them, Spectrum TV is one of the apps which is officially available to download.
(1) Connect your console to the LG TV and power on it.
(2) Go to the Apps section and search for the Spectrum TV app.
(3) Select the app and click Install to download it.
(4) Launch the app and enter your Spectrum TV login credentials to start streaming.
As Spectrum TV is not available on LG Content Store, you need to rely on streaming devices to watch Spectrum TV content on LG TV. On the other hand, we can expect LG to add Spectrum TV support very soon.
As of now (March 7th, 2022), there is no Spectrum app available in the LG Content Store.
You can install the Spectrum TV app only on the Samsung Smart TV.