Apple TV is a popular streaming device that supports tons of apps to stream all kinds of media content. Spectrum TV is one of the apps which can be installed on Apple TV devices. It lets you stream 250 TV channels and 30,000+ on-demand titles when you’re connected to the Spectrum internet. You can 150+ TV channels and 20000 on-demand titles when you’re connected to other networks.
To stream the live TV channels, select the Live TV section and stream your favorite channel. You can add your favorite program to the Favourites section for easy access.
Your subscription to Spectrum TV turns your Apple TV into a new screen by streaming live TV and on-demand programs anywhere in your home when connected to the Spectrum internet.
Supported Apple TV Models
When the Spectrum TV app was launched in the App Store, it was not available for Apple TVs. Then, at Apple’s WWDC 2018, Spectrum made an announcement that Spectrum TV would be available for Apple TV in the near future. After six months, the Spectrum TV app is made available for Apple TVs. Spectrum is only supported on Apple TV 4 (4th generation) and Apple TV 4K (fifth generation). Users with older Apple TV generations cannot download the app on their devices. For older TVs, you can screen mirror the Spectrum TV app from your iPhone or iPad.
How to Install Spectrum TV on Apple TV
If you have a compatible Apple TV, you can install this app directly from the App store.
(1) Connect your Apple TV to the TV and open the App Store.
(2) Use the search bar to search for the Spectrum TV app.
(3) Select the Spectrum TV app.
(4) Tap Get to install the app.
(5) Wait for the app to install.
(6) Once installed, get back to the home screen and launch the Spectrum TV app.
(7) Enter your Spectrum TV username and password to stream the contents.
How to Create Spectrum TV Account
If you’re a new user, you need to create a new Spectrum username and password to stream the contents.
(1) Open a web browser and visit the Spectrum page.
(2) Select contact info and enter either Email ID or password.
(3) Confirm you’re not a robot and then tap Next.
(4) Enter the activation code that you received.
(5) On the next screen, enter the required details like the first name, last name, contact number, and email address.
(6) Create a strong username and password.
(7) Make sure to remember the username and password.
Alternative Way – Using Airplay
With Airplay, iOS users can also watch Spectrum TV on their Apple TV. However, it works only on
- iOS device operating on iOS 11 & later
- Apple TV 2nd Gen & later.
(1) Ensure that your iOS device and Apple TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
(2) Launch the Spectrum TV app on your iPhone or iPad from the App Store.
(3) Swipe up your iOS device screen from the bottom to launch the control center. (Users with iPhone X and later swipe the screen from top to bottom for the control center).
(4) Click the Screen Mirroring icon.
(5) Nearby Apple TV devices will appear on the screen.
(6) Select the Apple TV device where you need to mirror the content.
(7) Your iOS device will mirror the TV where your Apple TV is connected.
(8) Now, stream your favorite content on the Spectrum app. The video will mirror the larger screen of the TV.
Spectrum TV App Not Working on Apple TV
Spectrum TV is one of the apps that get updated frequently. If you use the older version of the Spectrum TV app on your TV, you will face some issues while streaming the video content. To resolve the issue, update the Spectrum TV app on your Apple TV as soon as you get the new update. You can also check our guide on how to update apps on Apple TV.
No, Spectrum TV is not a free service. You can install the Spectrum TV app for free. To stream the video content, you have to buy a subscription which starts at $49.99 per month.
Yes, you can get the Spectrum TV app on your Fire Stick from the Amazon App Store.