- The Amazon app and website don’t provide a built-in setting to turn on the dark mode.
- On Android, you need to enable the force dark mode under the developer option setting.
- On iPhone, you need to enable the Smart Invert setting under the Accessibility menu.
- On the web version, you have to install third-party browser extensions.
Amazon is the popular shopping platform for purchasing all the required products. From electronic devices to home furniture, you can find everything on this platform. If you are someone who used to access the Amazon app or website at night condition, you can enable the dark mode to reduce eye strain.
Unfortunately, there is no direct way to bring the dark theme to the Amazon platform. Hence, you need to find alternate ways on your smartphone and PC.
How to Enable Dark Mode on Amazon App [Android]
Since the Amazon app doesn’t have a built-in dark mode setting, we have tried the system-wide dark mode on Android, and it failed to work on the shopping app. So you need to access the developer setting on Android to force enable the dark mode.
(1) Open Settings on Android and choose the About Phone option.
(2) Tap the Build number 7 times to enable the developer option.
(3) Return to the Settings page and open System Settings.
(4) Open the Developer options setting.
(5) Scroll down to the Override force-dark mode setting and turn on the toggle next to it.
(6) Now, enable dark mode on your device by navigating to Settings → Display → Dark mode → Turn on the toggle. If your smartphone has a dark mode shortcut on the notification pane, tap on it.
(7) Now, open the Amazon app on your smartphone. You will get the dark mode automatically.
How to Get Dark Mode on Amazon App [iPhone/iPad]
Like Android, you must modify the device settings to bring the dark theme on iPhone.
(1) Open Settings and select the Accessibility menu.
(2) Select the Display & Text Size setting under the VISION section.
(3) Enable the Smart Invert setting by tapping on the toggle next to it.
(4) Now, launch the Amazon shopping app and use it with the dark theme.
How to Enable Dark Mode on Amazon Website Using Chrome Browser
Luckily, you can force your Chrome browser into dark mode by using Chrome Flags.
(1) Launch the Chrome browser and enter chrome://flags/#enable-force-dark in the URL bar.
(2) Change the setting of Auto Dark Mode for Web Contents from Default to Enabled.
(3) Restart your Chrome browser and visit the Amazon website (https://www.amazon.com/) to use it with the dark theme.
Download Third-Party Extensions to Use Dark Mode on Amazon Website
If you don’t want to customize the system setting of Chrome browser, you can install third-party extensions to bring the dark mode. With the help of that, you can turn on and off the dark mode at any time.
Supported Browsers: Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Edge, Opera, Yandex, UC Browser, Vivaldi & Brave
|Features | Plans||Lite||Pro||Pro||Pro|
Supported Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge
Pricing: Free and Open Source
For more extensions, visit: