Amazon is the most used shopping platform in the world. On the Amazon E-commerce platform, you can buy almost everything. From your daily needs to all the electronic devices, anything and everything is available. The platform can be accessed on most smart devices. In recent times, everyone is looking for the dark mode in all the apps and websites as it has become a trend. Many popular apps like WhatsApp, Gmail, and Reddit have introduced built-in Dark themes and many more apps are in their development stage. For Amazon, Dark mode is not released yet.
It is surprising to see that the most used e-commerce site doesn’t have the Dark Mode feature yet. Still, there is happy news for all Amazon users. In the latest version of the Amazon app for smartphones, you can enable dark theme by changing your smartphone’s settings.
How to Enable Amazon Dark Mode on Android Smartphones
In some brands of smartphones, like Samsung and Mi, you can use the Amazon app in dark mode. For other brands, it is not available.
(1) Turn on your Android smartphone’s dark mode from the Settings or Notification Panel. Check our detailed guide on how to turn on dark mode on Android smartphones.
(2) Then, open the Amazon app on your smartphone. You will get the dark mode.
(3) To revert back, you have to turn off the dark mode on your smartphone settings.
How to Enable Amazon Dark Theme on iPhone
For iOS, there is no way to enable dark mode on the Amazon app. The iPhone’s dark mode won’t have any effect on the Amazon app. We have to wait until the dark theme is officially released for the Amazon app in the App Store.
How to Enable Amazon Dark Mode on PCs
Luckily, you can force your web browser into dark mode. This can be done by using the Dark theme/mode extensions. In the Chrome Web Store, there are plenty of Dark mode extensions.
(1) Open the Google Chrome browser on your PC.
(2) Go to the Chrome Web Store and search for the Dark Reader extension. It is one of the most downloaded and the best-rated dark theme extensions.
(3) Click the Add to Chrome button to install the extension on your Chrome browser.
(4) When the installation is complete, all your tabs will appear in Dark mode. Now, go to the Amazon website (amazon.com), and it will appear in a Dark theme.
(5) To revert, click the Dark Reader Extension on the Extension bar and turn off the toggle.
The best thing about Dark Reader is that it will allow you to customize the intensity of the screen. You can modify the amount of darkness, brightness, contrast, sepia, and grayscale. You can also choose specific sites in which you want the dark mode. The Dark Reader is the best extension available to get dark mode on the Chrome browser.
How to Get Amazon Dark Mode using Firefox Browser
If you are using the Firefox browser, you can customize the browser to Dark mode without any extensions. Go to Customize and choose Themes on the bottom of the screen. Select the Dark option.
Note – You can also download and use Night eye Extension on your Chrome and Firefox browsers. The extension is also available for other popular browsers. Visit the nighteye.app for more information.
As we said earlier, you can’t enable the Amazon dark theme in Android and iPhone apps. But, it will be released soon. Until then, you need to wait.
That’s all about the Amazon Dark mode. Use the dark mode only when it is necessary, like in low-light conditions. If you use dark mode in brighter surroundings, you can’t see your screen clearly. If you know any other ways to enable Amazon Dark Mode on iOS and Android apps, you are welcome in the comments section.
No, the dark theme is yet to be released for the Amazon app and website.
To get the dark mode on Amazon, you can enable the dark theme on your Android smartphone or install any dark theme extension from the Chrome Web Store.