Sling TV is a popular streaming service where you can watch 30+ live TV channels, movies, and TV shows. Fortunately, you can watch Sling TV on compatible streaming devices like Android and iOS devices. Even, the Sling TV app has built-in Chromecast support. Using it, you can stream your favorite movie or TV show on your TV without having to install the app on your TV. To help you cast your favorite movie or TV show on your Chromecast-supported TV, here is the guide we have prepared for you.
Sling TV Subscription Plans
Here are the affordable subscription plans offered by Sling TV:
- Sling Orange costs $40/month and 31 channels are available.
- Sling Blue costs $45/month and 42 channels are available.
- Sling Orange + Blue costs $60/month and 48 channels are available.
Ways to Chromecast Sling TV
There are two ways that you can Chromecast Sling TV.
- Using Android or iOS devices
- Using the PC
- Google Chromecast
- A TV with HDMI port
- Smartphone or PC
- WiFi connection
- Sling TV subscription or free trial
- Connect your casting device and Chromecast to the same WiFi network.
How to Stream Sling TV on Chromecast from Android or iOS
1. Connect your Chromecast device to the HDMI port of your TV device. If it’s the first time you’re doing so, setup your Chromecast device.
3. Launch the Sling TV app and sign in to your account.
4. Play any movie or TV show and tap on the Cast icon from the upper right corner.
4. Select your Chromecast device from the list of available devices.
5. Accept the casting request on your Chromecast-connected TV.
6. Now, your favorite movie or TV show will stream on your Chromecast-connected TV.
How to Get Sling TV on Chromecast from Windows or Mac
1. Open the Chrome Browser on your Windows or Mac and visit the official website of Sling TV.
2. Hit the More icon from the upper right corner and choose the Cast option.
3. From the list of scanned devices list, tap on your Chromecast device’s name.
4. Enable the permissions on your Chromecast-connected TV.
5. Start to watch your favorite movie or TV show on your TV.
How to Fix If Sling TV Not Working on Chromecast
Here are the following troubleshooting steps you can use to fix if the Sling TV app is not working on Chromecast:
- Try to connect your Chromecast and Android or iOS device to an alternate wifi network.
- Restart your Chromecast device once again.
- Try to factory reset your Chromecast device.
- Restart the Sling TV app and fix some minor bugs on it.
- Uninstall and re-install the Sling TV app.
Frequently Asked Questions
There may be technical glitches on the Sling TV app and that’s why you can’t find the Cast button.
No. Chromecast won’t stream Sling TV on its own. You can stream Sling TV from your smartphone or from your PC through the Chromecast device.