- Android TV: Apps → Google Play Store → Search icon → Type HBO Max → Install → Activate → Sign In → Start streaming.
- Roku TV: Home button → Streaming Channels → Search Channels → HBO Max → Add to Channel → Go to Channel → Activate → Enjoy watching HBO Max content.
HBO Max offers on-demand content, including movies, series, documentaries, live TV shows, etc. To watch all the content on HBO Max, you need to purchase the subscription plan. HBO Max has two variable subscription plans: with ads ($9.99/mo or $99.99/yr) and without ads ($14.99/mo or $149.99/yr). If you have Philips Smart TV, you can download the HBO Max app from the desired app store based on the TV operating system.
How to Install HBO Max on Philips Smart TV With Android OS
. Turn on your Philips Smart TV and connect it to a stable and good internet connection.
. From the home screen, navigate to the Apps tab.
. Select Google Play Store from the list.
. At the top left corner, click on the Search icon.
. Type HBO Max using the on-screen virtual keyboard and select the app from the search result.
. Tap the Install button to download the app and then click Open to run the app on your TV.
. Click the Sign In button on the home screen. You will get an activation code on your TV screen, note it down.
. On your smartphone or PC, visit the HBO Max Activate site: https://activate.hbomax.com.
. Enter the Activation code and tap the Next button.
. Now, sign in to your account using HBO Max login credentials and stream your favorite shows on HBO Max on your Philips Smart TV.
How to Install HBO Max on Philips Smart TV with Roku OS
. Power on your Philips Roku TV and ensure it is connected to a good internet connection.
. Press the Home button on your TV remote controller to launch the home screen.
. From your Roku TV home screen, select the Streaming Channels option in the menu list.
. Tap Search Channels in the Channel Store.
. Search the HBO Max app and then tap Add Channel to install the app.
. After installing the app, click the Go to Channel option to launch the app, and the Activation code will appear on the screen.
. Head to the HBO Max activation site and follow the on-screen instructions.
. Sign in to your HBO Max account and stream popular movies or series on your TV.
Troubleshooting Methods: HBO Max Not Working on Philips Smart TV
If HBO Max is not working on your Philips Smart TV, then follow the basic troubleshooting methods on the TV.
- Check your Internet speed. You need at least 5 Mbps to stream the HBO Max content in HD quality and 25 Mbps to stream in 4K HDR streaming quality.
- Sign out of your HBO Max account and then sign in again.
- Restart your TV as well as your Wifi router.
- Check whether the HBO Max app has received any updates.
- Update your Philips Smart TV if the TV firmware is outdated.
- Uninstall and reinstall the HBO Max app.
Frequently Asked Questions
The HBO Max app is not available on Saphi OS models. Hence, it is not possible to stream the HBO Max titles on your Philips TV, which runs on Saphi OS.