- Netflix App: Home screen → LG Content Store → Apps → Netflix → Install.
- If the app is incompatible with your smart TV, you can Cast or AirPlay Netflix from your smartphone to the LG Smart TV.
Netflix is compatible with most of the LG Smart TV models. The latest models of LG Smart TVs come with the pre-installed Netflix app and a dedicated button for Netflix on the remote. If you had an LG TV released after 2014, you can stream the Netflix content in Ultra HD. Unlike smartphones and tablets, you can’t download Netflix titles on Smart TVs for offline streaming.
How to Install Netflix on LG Smart TV
 Press the Home button to get the LG Smart TV home screen and navigate to the LG Content Store.
 In the LG Content Store, go to the Apps section.
 Select the Search icon on the top right and search Netflix using the remote.
 Further, select Install and wait for a while for the app to get installed.
 After that, select Launch to open the Netflix application on your smart TV.
 Log in with your Netflix account, subscribe to a plan, and start watching your favorite content.
Sometimes, the Netflix app may not be compatible with your smart TV. In those situations, you can Cast Netflix from your smartphone to the TV if it is compatible with Chromecast support.
 Connect your smartphone to the WiFi network to which your smart TV is connected.
 From the Google Play store, install the Netflix app on your smartphone.
 Log in to your subscribed account.
 Choose any content, start streaming it and click Cast (top left).
 From the list of devices, select your LG Smart TV.
 Once the devices are connected, the content will be cast and played on your LG Smart TV.
If you are using iPhone/iPad, you can AirPlay Netflix to compatible models of LG TV. Enable AirPlay on LG Smart TV and tap the AirPlay icon on the media player. From the list of nearby devices, choose your LG Smart TV.
Troubleshooting Netflix Not Working on LG Smart TV
If you find the Netflix app is not working on your smart TV, you can follow the troubleshooting methods to fix the issue.
- Check your internet connection. If the internet connection is too slow, restart your modem/router or contact the internet service provider. You can also use an ethernet cable for better connection speed.
- Restart your LG Smart TV.
- Update the Netflix app on your Smart TV.
- Update your LG TV firmware to the latest version.
- Uninstall the Netflix app and re-install it from the LG Content Store.
- If the above solutions haven’t fixed the issue, reset the LG Smart TV and install the app to stream the contents.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can update the Netflix app on your smart TV within a few seconds. Go to the Home screen → LG Content Store → Apps → Netflix → Update.
→Press the home button on your LG TV remote.
→With the help of your remote, hover over the Netflix icon.
→Click on the arrow icon and choose the “X” mark.
On the Netflix app, tap the menu bar and select Get Help. If you can’t see the Get Help option, tap the Settings icon. Then, click on the Sign Out option.
It may be due to a slow internet connection. Contact your service provider to fix the issue or increase the connection speed if needed.