Netflix is one of the best streaming services that are available in the world right now. It has a countless number of movies and series in its gazette. Apart from distributing movies and series, Netflix also has its original shows. The subscription cost starts from $9 per month to $16 per month. Netflix is available on almost all streaming devices like Android, iPhone, Amazon Firestick, Smart TVs, Roku and much more. It is one of the compatible Chromecast apps as well. You can easily Chromecast Netflix using the in-built casting icon on the app.
- Connect your smart device to the same WiFi network as your Google Chromecast.
- Install the Netflix app from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store, if you are going to cast it through your smartphone.
- Update the Google Chrome browser, if you are going to cast it through your PC.
- Have any of the Netflix subscription or its free trial.
How Chromecast Netflix to TV?
Casting Netflix to Chromecast can be done in two ways.
- Using the smartphone app.
- Using the Chrome browser.
How to Chromecast Netflix using the smartphone app?
(1) Open the Netflix app on your smartphone (iOS or Android).
(2) Play on any movie or series.
(3) Click the Cast icon on the top of the screen.
(4) Your Chromecast device will be shown. Tap on it to cast.
(5) After the casting is done, the video will be cast to your Chromecast.
(6) If you want to stop the casting process, click the Cast icon again and choose Stop Casting.
How to Chromecast Netflix using the Chrome browser?
(1) Open your Google Chrome browser on your PC.
(2) Go to netflix.com and sign in with your subscribed account.
(3) Right-click anywhere on the Netflix tab and choose Cast option or click on the menu icon and choose the “cast” option.
(4) Your Chromecast device will be displayed. Click on it to cast.
(5) When the casting is done, choose any video, it will be cast to your Chromecast.
(6) If you want to stop the casting process, click the Cast icon and choose Stop Casting.
Unable to Cast Netflix Issue
There are cases when the cast icon may not be visible on your Netflix app. Below are common errors that you need to rectify in order to get the Chromecast working.
Chromecast Set up issues
- Name your Chromecast device without any special characters. Names with special characters will not be seen on the Netflix app.
- Make sure that you are having the Netflix Cast option supported OS. You need to have iOS 7.0+ and Android 4.0+ versions.
- Update the Netflix app to the latest version.
- If you are using the Chrome browser, make sure it is the latest version.
- Cross-check that you are connected to the same WiFi network.
Cast icon issues
- If the Cast icon is missing on smartphones or tablet – Restart your device, or close the Netflix app and try again.
- If the Cast icon is missing on Windows or Mac – Disable all the Chrome extension or close the Chrome browser and try again.
Netflix is known for its original movies and series. Get any one of the Netflix subscriptions and watch the movies and series on your TV. Cast all the Netflix movies and series on the big screen and watch it with all your friends.