Prime video is a popular streaming service used by tons of people across the world. Owned by Amazon, the service is accessible in 100+ countries. Users with the required subscription can stream all the Amazon Prime movies and TV shows on Android, iOS, Firestick, Roku and much more devices. You can also watch Amazon Prime Video on Apple TV as well.
Can I watch Amazon Prime Video on Apple TV?
The answer is yes. Just like other streaming services, Amazon Prime videos can be streamed easily with the help of a dedicated app available in the App store. It can also be streamed wirelessly through Airplay connection from another Apple device (iPhone, iPad and Mac).
Amazon Prime Video Supported Apple TV models:
Amazon Prime Video is only downloadable on Apple TV 4th generation and later. If you’re an Apple TV 3 user, you will have a pre-installed Amazon Prime app or update the device from the Settings to get the Prime app. Users with Apple TV 1 and 2 cannot access Amazon Prime Video app on their device.
For Apple TV 4K, the videos will be available to stream in SD, HD and UHD/HDR qualities. Whereas, the third-generation Apple TV supports only SD and HD.
How to Get Amazon Prime Video on Apple TV 4K and 4?
If you’re an owner of Apple TV 4K and 4, follow these steps to get Prime Video app:
Amazon Prime videos are watchable only if you have an active prime membership. Hence, you need to sign for Prime membership before installing the app. It costs $12.99/month and $119/year. Visit primevideo.com with the help of a browser and sign up for prime membership.
(1) Power up the Apple TV and go to the App Store.
(2) Search for the Amazon Prime video app.
(3) Select the Amazon Prime video app from the search results.
(4) On the information page, select Install to download the app.
(5) The app will install on your Apple TV.
(6) Launch the app and select Sign in and Start Watching.
(7) Enter your login credentials and tap Continue.
(8) Select and stream your favourite content.
NOTE: Without Prime membership, you can’t stream the premium contents on this app.
Watch Amazon Prime Video on Apple TV using iPhone and iPad
When you want to play Amazon prime movies on Apple TV instead of your iOS device, you can use the screen mirroring on your iPhone/iPad. By default, Amazon Prime video app supports casting contents through the Airplay feature. Apple 2nd generation users can access this method to stream prime videos. But, their iOS device should run on iOS 6 and later.
(1) Download and install the Amazon Prime video from the App store. At the same time, connect your iPhone/iPad and Apple TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
(2) Launch the app and sign in with your login credentials.
(3) Navigate to the media that you want to stream.
(4) Select Watch Now to stream the media.
(5) Click the Airplay icon located at the top of the screen.
(6) Nearby Apple TV devices will appear on the screen.
(7) Select the device and the media will stream on the TV where your Apple TV is connected.
Watch Amazon Prime Video on Apple TV using Mac
With the help of Airplay feature on Mac, you can also stream Amazon Prime videos on Apple TV. But, your Mac should run on macOS 10.11 or later.
(1) Launch the Safari browser and go to primevideo.com.
(2) Click Sign In and enter your login details.
(3) After signing in, navigate to the movie or TV show that you want to play.
(4) Click Watch Now.
(5) Once the media started to play, click the Airplay icon located on the menu bar.
(6) Select the Apple TV device and your Mac screen will mirror on the TV.
Now, you will know the ways to stream tons of movies, TV shows, Amazon Originals, and kids content on your Apple TV. Share this guide with other people who want to stream prime videos on Apple TV.