How old is my iPhone? Well, it will be a question that will spark in your head when you have older iPhone models like SE, 6, and 7. Finding the age will help you when you are planning to sell your iPhone or exchange it. Since they were released several years ago, the chances of finding its box or hard copy of the bill is very difficult unless you have kept them safe. You can also search for the mails on your email account to check whether you have received any soft copy of the bill from Apple Care. If not, you need to rely on other methods to find your iPhone age.
How to Find Your iPhone Age
To find your iPhone age, there are several ways and online tools available. The top 6 methods are discussed here.
- Using Fourth Lettter of Serial Number
- Using Apple’s Check Coverage
- Using Apple Support App
- Using Chipmunk Klantenservice
- Using SNDeepInfo
- Using iUnlocker Tool
Note – Ensure to update your iPhone to the latest version before finding the age.
How to Find the Serial number
The serial number is very important to find the age of your iPhone. These serial are a combination of alphabets and numbers that denote the manufactured date, time, place, and model number. You can find this number on device settings.
Quick Tip: Go to Settings → click on General → choose the About section → Serial Number.
(1) Open Settings on your iPhone.
(2) Click on the General option.
(3) Under the General menu, tap the About option.
(4) Now, your iPhone’s serial number will appear.
(5) Long press the serial number and tap the Copy option. Now, use that code and find how old your iPhone is.
Method 1 – Find Your iPhone Age Using Fourth Letter of Serial Number
This is the easiest and simplest way to find out how old your iPhone is. You don’t need an internet connection for this method.
By simply looking at the serial number of your iPhone, you can find when the device was manufactured. Usually, the serial number is 12 characters long, and out of which, note the 4th character carefully.
C – 2010 (First Half)
F – 3011 (First Half)
G – 2011 (Second Half)
H – 2012 (First Half)
J – 2012 (Second Half)
K – 2013 (First Half)
L – 2013 (Second Half)
M – 2014 (First Half)
N – 2014 (Second Half)
P- 2015 (First Half)
Q- 2015 (Second Half)
R- 2016 (First Half)
S- 2016 (Second Half)
T- 2017 (First Half)
V- 2017 (Second Half)
W- 2018 (First Half)
X- 2018 (Second Half)
Y- 2019 (First Half)
Z – 2019 (First Half)
D – 2020 (Second Half)
With this, you can find when the iPhone was made and activated. We tried this out, and it worked perfectly for our iPhones. However, this method doesn’t work on iPhones launched after 2021.
Method 2 – Find iPhone Age Using Apple’s Check Coverage
(2) Enter the serial number on the specified area and enter the CAPTCHA verification code. Click Continue.
(3) On the next screen, you will get the details of your iPhone.
(4) Under the Repairs and Service Coverage, you will find the Estimated Expiration Date. Apple offers service coverages for one-year. From the date, you can find the age of your iPhone.
If you have been using your smartphone for more than a year, the Estimated Expiration Date won’t appear. In that case, you can go for the Chipmunk Klantenservice method.
Method 3 – Find How Old Your iPhone is Using Apple Support App
The Apple Support app is used to connect with Apple customer executives to enquire about any bugs on the device. By using the app, you can also find the age of your iPhone. Strangely, the Apple Support app is not pre-installed on your iPhone. You have to install it from the App Store. This is also the best option to check your iPhone’s warranty period.
(1) Open the Apple Support app on your iPhone.
(2) Tap the Device Details button.
(3) If your device is less than one year old, you will get an expired date under the Coverage Info.
(4) Using that date, you can find the age of your device.
(5) If there is no date appearing on the Coverage Info, you need to use the next method.
Method 4 – Find iPhone Age Using Chipmunk Klantenservice
Chipmunk Klantenservice is a third-party tool to find the age on your iPhone. It also needs the serial number.
(1) On your browser, go to Chipmunk website www.chipmunk.nl/klantenservice/applemodel
(2) Enter the serial number in the specified area and click the Show the information button.
(3) Scroll down to the end to find all the information about your iPhone. Note down the Production year and Production week. With that, you can easily calculate the age of your device.
Method 5 – Using SNDeepInfo
Similar to the Chipmunk Klantenservice method, you can also use the SNDeepInfo website to find the age of your iPhone. In fact, you will get more detailed information about your iPhone’s age. You will get the age in terms of years, year of production, the color of the device, and other specifications.
(1) Go to the SNDeepInfo website on your PC or smartphone.
(2) Enter the serial number or the IMEI number of your iPhone.
(3) Tap the Show info button. Before clicking the Show info button, make sure Apple is selected as the device type.
(4) You will get all the necessary information like age (from the production date), week, year, factory of manufacturing, model number, and more.
Method 6 – Using the iUnlocker Tool
This is another effective tool that functions similarly to display the manufacturing date of your device.
(2) Enter the serial number or IMEI number.
(3) Tap the Check button and wait for the results to appear on the page.
(4) Now, you can find the purchase date next. With that, you can find out how old your iPhone is.
These are the ways that you can use to find the age of your iPhone. Try them with your iPhone’s serial number and know the exact age of your device. Apart from the age, battery health on iPhone is another important factor that you need to consider while reselling.