With an increase in technology, your TV is no more just to watch via cable. Smart TVs are a revolution. With a Smart TV, you can install streaming apps and view contents over the internet. LG has developed smart TV which runs on webOS. With LG Smart TV, you can install various apps from LG Store and stream contents on it. Like other smart devices, your TV might sometime not behave properly. It may be due to the app installed. During such times, it is better to reset your LG Smart TV. You can easily reset LG Smart TV with the below steps.
Note: If you reset your LG Smart TV, all the app data and app installed on your TV will get erased.
How to Factory Reset LG Smart TV?
Follow the below steps to reset your LG Smart TV:
(1) Turn on your LG Smart TV.
(2) Press the Home button on TV remote.
(3) Now it will open the TV Menu options.
(4) Here choose the Settings icon which appears on the top-right corner of your TV screen. It will open the settings menu.
(5) Under “Settings” choose General option.
(6) Scroll down and select Reset to Initial settings option.
(7) An alert message will appear on your TV screen. Click on the “Confirm Reset” button.
(8) Enter your TV reset password to reset your TV. Your LG TV will turn off and automatically start the factory reset process.
If you are also using Vizio TV, then learn how to reset Vizio Smart TV here.
Alternative Methods to Reset LG Smart TV
Method 1: Press and hold the OK button on your LG Smart TV remote as well as on the TV panel at the same time for a few seconds. Your device will start the factory reset process.
Method 2: Press and hold the MENU button on your LG Smart TV remote and the MENU button on your TV at the same time for few seconds (5-7 seconds). The TV will begin to rest.
Method 3: Press and hold the MENU button on LG Smart TV remote up to the time of the 4 digit password screen appears on the TV screen. Then enter the LG Service Menu PIN or Password Codes and then press the OK button to start the reset process.
Note: Some LG Service Menu PIN codes are 8741, 8743, 7777, 8878, 0000 and 0413.
Learn how to Add apps on LG Smart TV here.
By following the above methods, you can easily reset your LG Smart TV. As mentioned earlier, by resetting your TV, all app data will get erased on your TV. Your TV will now go back to factory settings. After resetting your LG Smart TV, You have to install all the app again on your TV.