LG Smart TVs are one of the popular TV brands which let you watch a wide range of media content via the internet. Irrespective of your LG TV model, you will get a remote control, which allows you to turn on/off the TV, change channels, adjust volume, change the input source, and much more. However, you may face a situation of finding ways to turn on your LG TV after damaging its remote. If you’re in that situation, here is the guide that you can use to turn on your TV without using the remote control.
How to turn on LG Smart TV without a remote control
The best and easiest way to turn on your LG TV without a remote control is by using the physical power button provided on your TV. If you lost your LG TV remote, you can use this method as an emergency way to turn on the TV. You can find power the button just below the LG logo on your TV.
A simple press on the power button will turn on your TV. When your LG Smart TV is on, you can press the power button to turn off the TV.
Techowns Tip: How to Update LG Smart TV?
How to Turn on LG TV Without Remote or Power Button: Using LG ThinQ app
One of the significant advantages of having a Smart TV is that we can control the entire functions of TV through our smartphones. For LG Smart TV, you can use the LG ThinQ app. It is officially available for Android and iPhone devices. However, you need to pair the app with your LG TV to turn it on/off. Apart from the LG ThinQ app, you can also use LG TV Plus app to control your LG TV without the remote. But the app is removed from both the Play Store and App Store.
(1) Power on your LG TV and ensure that your TV and the LG ThinQ installed device are on the same Wi-Fi connection.
(2) Launch the app and press the + symbol located at the top of the screen.
(3) Go through the information provided on the screen and click OK.
(4) Select TV located under the Home Appliances section.
(5) The app will search for nearby devices. Select your LG TV.
(6) A verification code on your TV screen. Enter it on your TV and click OK.
(7) Select LINK if you want to link your email id or select SKIP.
(8) Select MOVE TO HOME.
(9) Now, turn on/off your TV by pressing the power button provided in the app.
How to Use LG ThinQ App to Control LG Smart TV
By using the LG ThinQ app, you can control all the electronic appliances from LG. In the Remote section of the app, you will get several controls.
- To adjust the volume, press the VOL + or VOL – button.
- To change the channel on your LG TV, press the CH up arrow (^) or CH down arrow (˅).
- Press the Mute button, to mute the volume.
- Tap the Home button to go to the home screen.
- On the top-right, you will have the Power button. You can use the Power button to turn off your LG TV without remote.
- Click the Mic button to say voice commands.
- To get to the previous menu, click the Back button which is placed on the bottom of the volume buttons.
- Tap the Settings button to access the settings menu on your LG Smart TV. With this, you can reset the LG Smart TV without remote.
With these buttons on the LG ThinQ app, you can easily control your LG TV without a remote. If you want, you can also set up your LG TV to a new WiFi connection without a remote using the LG ThinQ app.
Use these two methods to turn on your LG TV when you lost the remote control. The downside with the second method is that it may not work on older LG Smart TV models. Try these walk-throws and share your suggestion in the comments section.